Ended Anaesthetist Doctor
VACANCY: DOCTOR ANAESTHETIST
Position status: Full-time
Location: Al Qaieda
Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
Organize and carry out medical activities, according to MSF policies, protocols and universal hygiene standards and in close collaboration with the surgeon and other medical staff, and increase the knowledge and practical skills of the anaesthesia technicians and ICU and ER doctors and nurses through on the job training and knowledge transfer in order to ensure the quality of care provided to patients
- Carry out pre-operative consultations evaluating the risks of operating in collaboration with the surgeon, providing the patient with appropriate information and deciding the type of anaesthesia to be used, in order to ensure the best conditions prior to the surgery. Carry-out all anesthesia related activities during surgery to ensure safe, adequate anesthesia.
- Preparing beforehand the drugs, material, and equipment required.
- Administering and maintaining anaesthesia following international rules of hygiene and asepsis in force.
- Monitoring patients throughout the intervention.
- Ensure transfer of patients to the recovery room, ensure good quality of care is provided till full recovery and setting analgesic management according to protocol
- Advise on Postoperative care in both Intensive Care Unit and wards with the surgeon, including fluid management, oxygenation monitoring and airway care and chest physiotherapy and mobilization, with special focus on patient’s pain relief during the recovering process.
- Respect and apply hygiene rules, procedures and MSF protocols in OT/recovery
- Organize the tasks of personnel under his/her responsibility, and carry-out team management activities (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, motivation, internal/external communication, etc.), in order to ensure having the appropriate team in terms of size, capabilities and skills.
- Collaborate with other departments in the project (responding to accident & emergency department requests, intervening in support of other services when needed, etc.), and participate in any emergency activity, in order to support the overall MSF project with his/her expertise and capabilities.
- Ensure proper fulfilment of administrative procedures and documents (fill in of patients files, forms, statistics, data base, etc.), and elaborate regular reporting about results, proceedings and problematic situations and cases, in order to have updated and correct information about the day-to-day activity in the project and support decision-taking.
Doctor Anaesthetist bachelor recognized by the state essential. Valid medical licence is essential.
- Desirable, five years experience as an anesthetist. Previous experience in MSF projects is desirable.
- Previous ICU experience is an asset.
Arabic and English essential
- People Management.
Only applicants submitting those document their application will be review a CV, cover letter , Valid ID and copy of certificates, Valid medical licences and further supporting documents
To: Al Qaeda Hospital – CV drop box
Or by email to : MSFCH-Kilo-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org subject: “DOCTOR ANAESTHETIST_Al Qaedah”
(be aware to the MSF reception rules – drop it in an envelope with your name & the position applied for on it)
Deadline for the submission of Applications is 5:00 PM 15th June 2019.
Only applications in English will be considered.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted!
CV’s that do not have attached a copy of the ID card will NOT BE CONSIDERED for the recruitment. Note that MSF cannot employ under contract any candidate that does not possess a valid ID card which can be used to register the contract with the Social Security Office and the Tax office.