Ended Medical Doctor Supervisor
Action Contre la Faim is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. Action Contre la Faim currently operates in 46 countries including Yemen globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
JOB TITLE : Medical Doctor Supervisor
Department: Health & Nutrition
Location: Alkhokha (3) positions , Hays (1) Position
Duration: Until 31st May 2020
Overall responsible for quality implementation of health activities at health facilities supported by ACF in the targeted districts. This includes supervision and ensuring that Primary Health Services/CMAM are provided to the vulnerable population in highest quality and humanitarian standards, strengthening technical capacity for health workers (on-job trainings) and compiling weekly and monthly reports of health activities and support Health workers in provision of health services in case of any absence or workload.
TASK & RESPONSIBILITIES
Objective 1: Needs assessment, planning and regular capacity assessment of health services provision.
- Develop and maintain appropriate tools to update villages covered by each facility, remote villages requiring outreach service provision including the catchment population per village and facility.
- Conduct regular capacity assessment using IMCI, PHC and ANC/PNC quality monitoring checklists in the targeted HF.
- Conduct quarterly assessment of health service provision in the health facilities and communities.
- Periodic capacity assessment of internal team members and planning for on-job coaching/refresher training with support of Health DPM and Health/NUT PM.
Objective 2: Ensure smooth implementation and proper functioning of Health and CMAM service provision.
- As the main Health facility’s supervisor, lead the overall management and supervision of health and nutrition activities implementation at the targeted health facility.
- Along with MoH health facility manager, develop health and nutrition activities’ plans to ensure full package of health and nutrition services’ functionality.
- Closely monitor and provide guidance to MoH staff in charge of PHC, IMCI and RHC to ensure appropriate medical diagnosis for BNFs.
- Develop and implement quality improvement work for service delivery of newborn, maternal and reproductive health interventions in targeted health facility.
- Work with the Deputy H/NUT manager to establish clear mechanism for referral cases based on projects budget, and ensure appropriate communication and follow-up for the referred cases from date of referral to return to HF.
- Work with MoH health facility manager and health workers to establish crowd control mechanisms in (OPD, ER or IPD) at the targeted health facility.
- Ensure appropriate BNFs’ flew from the arrival to HF to exist, and ensure of triage, health education, and appetite test areas are being established and functioned properly.
- Ensure that adequate health checkup is done to identify medical complications according to IMCI protocol and Management guidelines for children under 5 years, adolescent, adult and elderly BNFs.
- Monitor if mothers/caretakers are given adequate information regarding their child health status and importance of the treatment in IMCI, PHC, RHC and CMAM services.
- Provide adequate technical support, proactively and on request, to the field staff for the effective implementation and monitoring of project activities.
- Coordinate with health facilities, district health offices for smooth implementation of the project activities and quality of service provision
- Closely coordinate with WASH team to ensure appropriate WASH facilities in the targeted health facilities.
Objective 3: Provide technical support for MoH staff in charge of health and CMAM services.
- Ensure use and respect of medical protocols through observation and supportive supervision of medical and paramedical staff.
- Implement regular on-job trainings and supportive supervision for MoH staff in charge of IMCI, PHC, CMAM, RHC based on the identified gaps on daily/weekly/monthly bases.
- Prepare on-job training reports and share with your line manager and data team for archiving on weekly/monthly bases.
- Provide regular on job-training and supervision for CHV working in community level.
- In coordination with your line manager, facilitate and participate in the implementation of formal trainings for health workers based on the needs and project budget.
Objective 4: Information management, reporting and coordination
- Develop and ensure data collection templates for health facility tracking, health workers training tracking, supportive supervision visit tracking, on-job coaching tracking are in place and updated regularly.
- Ensure that attendance sheets are used and maintained by the teams for on-job coaching sessions, refresher trainings, supportive supervision visits
- Ensure that data collection tools (follow-up cards, screening books and registration books etc.) are fully and properly filled, checked and timely shared with line manager/data entry team.
- Ensure submission of the monthly statistic reports soft/hard copies are collected, analyzed and shared with your line manager/ data entry officers on weekly/monthly bases.
- Analyze complied reports and performances for the targeted health facility, communities. Summary narrative shall including;
- Report on any referral cases
- Report on any death cases
- Findings from regular supervision visits (Checklists)
- Challenges in field
- Regularly report and coordinate with line mangers regarding challenges, issues faced in the field for timely and appropriate decision-making.
- Maintain monthly reports on prevalence of diarrhea, acute respiratory infections and infectious diseases from the monthly database.
Objective 5 : Ensure maintenance and hygiene for all equipment and premises:
- Carry out inspections on a daily basis to check the state of the premises
- Conduct inventory on monthly basis together with the team (including support to nurses/midwife for their pharmacies and equipment)
- Ensure that all equipment is used in an appropriate manner by those present at the center
- Set up procedures to prevent theft or loss
- Ensure the availability of clean drinkable water for patients and activities. Report to DPM any problem.
- Ensure appropriate segregation of waste materials; solid sharp and soft waste material
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor of Medicine with at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably with INGOs.
Skills & Competencies
- At least 2-year experience in health and nutrition projects implementation with practice in Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (IMCI), Primary Health Care (PHC) and Reproductive Health including case management and referral.
- Knowledge on Minimum Service Package (MSP) protocol essential.
- Team management including supervision and support to junior health staff
- Good monitoring and supervision skills is essential
- Excellent communication and reporting skills with good attention to detail
- Dynamic, resourceful and creativity in the working environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- fluent of English (both oral and written)
- Ability to work under pressure and react according to evolving context/situation.
- Level of the position: Managerial.
- Basic salary in accordance with our National Salary grid.
- Transportation allowance.
- Eid bonus: a full basic salary per year.
- Medical and life insurance coverage: Including the employee, spouse, children and parents.
ACF offers equal opportunities, however candidates who are residents of “Alkhokha, Hays ” will be considered first and priority given to qualified female and/or persons with a disability.
Application Process: Send application comprising a detailed CV and Cover Letter in English, clearly mention the position you have applied + the location of the position, to : firstname.lastname@example.org or on Whatsapp on this 716322214 or in a sealed envelope dropped at ACF office latest by 25th June 2019 .
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.