Ended Finance Assistant
SCOPE OF WORK:
Under the supervision of the Finance Officer, the Finance Assistant/cashier handles all cash payments and collections outside the officeand recording the cash account on a daily basis.
Cash and Bank payment processing.
- Assist in the implementation of finance policies, procedures and systems.
- Ensure compliance with IRC procedures and guidelines.
- Maintain and holding YER and USD cash Box by ensuring the set limits at month end; take responsibility of any cash differences arising.
- Ensure that all cash payments are properly supported and duly authorized per the IRC delineation schedule before disbursement.
- Ensuring that authorizations on the requests for payments are in line with the approved limits per the delineation chart before entering.
- Prepare the bank spreadsheets by entering all Bank USD/YER transactions on daily basis and make them ready for review by the Finance officer/Manager prior to post in SUN system.
- Performing supervised cash counts every Week.
- Maintaining the receipt book and ensuring that authorized receipts are issued upon receipt of monies.
- Clear and follow up submission of transactions in BVA Online system at the time of the entering the transaction in the bank spread sheets.
- Ensure all HQ bank received is duly receipted and coded and promptly banked.
- Diligent follow-up to ensure fully signed checks are collected by vendors and signed for (ensuring proper identification of the person collecting).
- Handle the Cheques to the venders inside Sana’a office after verifying the supplier ID’s and receipts.
- Prepare weekly/monthly bank reconciliation.
- Maintain bank information file and all LOA/DOA letters.
- Responsible for archiving Month end File and ensure that all JV are in file with approved signatures.
- Responsible for all subsidy file are scanned/ labeled on monthly basis Tax and Social Security receipts files and are paid on monthly basis.
- Collection of bank statements from the bank on a monthly basis.
- Assist in preparing all documents/samples requested by Auditors.
- Assist in Ensuring that all documents have been stamped 'PAID' including the check number details.
- Assist in Ensure that an organized and well-documented files(all files must be labeled properly and visibly) and sequential filing system for all cash disbursement vouchers
- Assist in checking that all files should be arranged sequentially and in separately designated filing sites for checks YER & USD.
Any other duty assigned by supervisor.
- To be willing and ready to participate in field staff exchange programs as organized by the FO.
- Attend and participate in trainings identified/organized by your supervisor
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director
- New York costs analysis to scan invoices and send to NY on a monthly basis.
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor
Key Contacts/working relationships.
- Reports to the Finance Officer, Sana'a.
- Regular and open communication with IRC staff from all departments and field offices.
- Represents the country office with external banks.
Education: BA Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance
- Minimum one year experience in the financial area of a non-profit organization.
- Extensive experience in working with computerized accounting systems, standard spreadsheet and database programs, preferably SUN systems and visions.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good written and verbal skills in the English language.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support.
- Good communication skills that function across a diversity of cultures.
- Good at role of facilitator and team player in solving problems.
- The position offers programmable workload with quarterly travel to sub-offices to review/update accounting systems and train staff in the field.
Decision Making Authority: None
Core Values and Critical Competencies
- Excellent communication skills
- Cautious and attentive
- Improvement mindset
- Team player
- Proactive and reliable
- Stress tolerance
- Planning and organization skills
- Building partnership
- Attention to detail
- Able to work with limited supervision
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=5345
Deadline for Applying: June 25, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.