Ended WPE Case Worker
Position: WPE Case Worker
Report to: WPE Response Officer
Duty Station: Aldale’e Governorate
Under the supervision of IRC Yemen WPE Response Officer, and based in Al Dale’e, the WPE Case Worker will be responsible for the providing quality case management and psychosocial support services to the women and girls and work in collaboration with the health system to provide holistic care to survivors of GBV. The WPE program works in close collaboration with all of the IRC team and local partners.
Detailed responsibilities and tasks:
In collaboration and under the direction supervision of WPE Response Officer, the WPE Case Worker will:
- Provide individualized, age appropriate comprehensive case management using IRC WPE standards and the in line with the GBV Guiding Principles (Respect, Safety, Confidentiality, Non-discrimination). When appropriate, this may include accompanying survivors to a referral point.
- Assist the Response Officer in creating a welcoming environment at the Women and Girls Community Center (WGCC) and implement activities in the WGCC and/or work in the mobile team to provide appropriate PSS activities in a safe area to communities on a weekly basis.
- Provide accurate information on the referral pathway
- Use the survivor centered approach and help empower people seeking assistance
- Monitor how the GBV referral pathway is working and advocate in the field for improved referral systems as needed.
- Coordinate a positive referral pathway with other actors
- Inform the Response Officer of needed supplies in the WGCC or on the mobile team.
- Work with the Adolescent Girls Assistant on an appropriate weekly curriculum for adolescent girls.
Required qualification and skill
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or other related area.
- Working knowledge of English language preferable.
- Minimum one years professional experience in implementing social work or case management activities
- Proven ability in case management or social work
- Excellent knowledge of the working environment
- Personal qualities: Empathic, Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Computer literacy is desirable
- Deep understanding of Gender Based Violence, women’s protection and empowerment in the context of Yemen
- Strong communication and facilitation skills, including computer skills
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=5347
Deadline for Applying: June 25, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.