Ended Roving Safety Coordinator
Roving Safety Coordinator – Sana’a Country Office
Safety & Security in Save the Children is an enabling function assigned with the goal of assuring country office and all field offices have effective and high quality safety and security management mechanisms in place in order to enable safe and effective programming and ensure the safety of our staff, volunteers and beneficiaries.
Within the department of safety & security in country office, the scope of this position assigns to the position holder responsibilities of helping S&S senior management to develop and implement strategies in order to meet Save the Children’s Health & Safety Policy in all our offices and programme events and activities across country.
S/He will fulfil set of duties that incorporate conducting H&S assessments, composing mitigation controlling measures and pre-actively promote their implementations and staff commitment to them. The nature and duties of position requires frequent travels and working closely with our program staff and support departments’ teams.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Understand the application of Health and Safety at Save the Children; accordingly, develop Key performance indicators and benchmarks in H&S derived from, and in accordance to, SC Health & Safety Policy.
- To develop and maintain a risk register for H&S risks and hazards at our operational facilities and at areas of our program activities across country. Work with respective teams to facilitate risk sessions and audits as required.
- Work with line manager to create broad generic & Context specific guidelines, SOPs, assessment checklists for H&S at workplace, operational & Program activities (Extra attention to those programs of direct involvement of/contact with children).
- Propose strategies to ensure assessment of H&S risks are incorporated and budgeted for in our programming. Participates in risk assessment for all activities that require to be H&S risk assessed as decided.
- Participates in incident investigations, including near misses, of road safety, property damage, injuries, occupational illness, and loss of containment.
- Conduction of regular safety inspections primarily at workplace facilities, but occasionally for operation’s and program activities as well.
- Creates & maintains an up-to-date reliable H&S Incident Data Base and Inspection & Audits reports including updating their follow up status.
- Immediately contact the person responsible for health and safety if situations are found, that in the post holder’s opinion, require immediate rectification or the stopping of any operation.
- When assigned, follow up with H&S related Purchase Requisition (PR) & supervise their implementation.
- Prepare & Submit H&S regular report (Daily, Weekly & monthly).
- Develop H&S trainings & induction sessions and deliver them to respective staff. Work with Control Operation room to initiate awareness campaigns on H&S.
- The post-holder will comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child safeguarding, safety and security, code of conduct, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Be flexible in any other tasks- reasonably- requested by the line manager.
- Minimum Bachelor’s, preferable higher, degree in Health & Safety related field.
- Qualified to NEBOSH Certificate level, or equivalent, gives preference.
- Excellent proficiency and command in English language (Oral, written and reading).
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in H&S industry. Possesses a level of understanding over the philosophy and mode of operations adopted by NGOs.
- A proven track record of health and safety in a medium to large organization.
- Having considerable knowledge in Health & safety manners, e.g. legislation, code of practice, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to work with, provide advice to, train, and promote excellence in Health and Safety all staff
- Experience of working with senior management and the ability to challenge and have persuasive approach.
- Experience in working at management position of super visional capacity over team/s of substantial number in staff.
- Strong analytical capacity, resourcefulness and creativity in developing the role of safety within programs and ensuring the most effective support to line management.
- Adoptability and cope to suddenly changing context as well as expansion demanded by program.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation, and experience in training and coaching.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Excellent planning, coordination and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- capability to remain flexible within core working hours and ad-hoc out of hours.
- Personal credibility, enthusiasm and a demonstrable commitment to H&S principles.
- Having a common sense, good attitude and an ability to communicate and promote H&S in daily activities.
- Travel to field offices is the nature of this position; so willingness and readability to rove across all our operational areas –sometimes in difficult and insecure environments- is mandatory.
- Proficient competency in Internet and Microsoft Office systems including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and other database/mapping systems.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
Please make the candidates apply through the bellow link:
And kindly send your CV to YemenInternalJobs@savethechildren.org
“Please mention the Position and Duty Station on your email Subject”
This position is open to Yemeni nationals only
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.