Safety & Security Coordinator
Safety & Security Coordinator – Sana’a Country Office
Safety & Security in Save the Children is an enabling function assigned with the goal of assuring country office and all field offices have effective and high quality safety and security management mechanisms in place in order to enable safe and effective programming and ensure the safety of our staff, volunteers and beneficiaries.
Within the department of safety & security in country office, the scope of this position assigns to the position holder a set of duties where S/He is accountable and will fulfill related to the department’s routine activities including, but not exclusive to, raising procurement orders and following up to ensure the implementation of Safety & Security matters with other departments either in the same office or at field offices. Additionally, S/he will supervise and is responsible of the management of guard force in all premises at duty station.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Liaise and process the mitigation measures regarding program activities and cargos movement at very high risk areas.
- Upload incident reports to SCI Security Reporting System and follow up when needed.
- Serve as a focal point in any UN and/or INGOs interagency initiatives in cooperation.
- Manage all duties related to guard management either, people management (security assistant guards supervisors), performance, trainings, Procurement Requests of their need..etc.
- Follow-up periodic payments for all different mediums of communication, both used for the general use of office and those of security department.
- Conduct site selection and facility assessment on new buildings, premises and compounds. Suggest SOPs and raise procurement requests of enhancement on physical safety & security in order to secure perimeter, access control and other protective measures that mitigate the assessed risks.
- Attend any requested committees of Procurements either serves the security department or other departments.
- Deliver weekly security briefing when assigned.
- Conduct Security Orientation for new staff joining the Country Office.
- Assist Security manager in updating PDI, Sitrep and other documents.
- Facilitate and do arrangements of meetings, workshops and trainings held, or arranged, by the department.
- Coordinate with other departments’ in all matters of security.
- Ensure and follow up that all subordinate staff, and their subordinates, have a clear set of objectives to annually assess and review against their performance; Similarly, follow up, throughout the year, and ensures fulfilment of the development plan for each team member.
- Travel to the field offices might be required - but not exhaustively- on specific tasks & terms of references related to duties.
- The post-holder will comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child safeguarding, safety and security, code of conduct, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Be flexible in any other tasks- reasonably- requested by the line manager.
- Minimum Bachelor’s, preferable higher, degree in a related field.
- Excellent proficiency in English language (Oral, written and reading).
- Academic security related qualification or advanced security management trainings.
- Advanced Degree in IT, office software application and/or Database management gives preference.
- Minimum of 3 years field experience based in complex and insecure settings.
- Experience in working at management position of super visional capacity over team/s of substantial number in staff.
- Advanced level of understanding with the philosophy and mode of operation of NGOs.
- Experience in liaising with civilian, police and military government authorities, as well as with regional, national and international institutions.
- Strong analytical capacity, resourcefulness and creativity in developing the role of security within programmes and ensuring the most effective support to line management.
- Ability to balance demands by program fluidity and expansion. Maintaining appropriate contextual NGO security advice and coordination.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation, and experience in training and coaching.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Excellent planning, coordination and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Willingness to work and travel in often difficult and insecure environments.
- Proficient competency in Internet and Microsoft Office systems including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and other database/mapping systems.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
Please make the candidates apply through the bellow link:
And kindly send your CV to YemenInternalJobs@savethechildren.org
“Please mention the Position and Duty Station on your email Subject”
This position is open to Yemeni nationals only
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.