Movement Assistant (RMU)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position : MOVEMENTS ASSISTANT (RMU)
Organizational Unit : Resource Management Unit (Operations)
Duty Station : Yemen, Sana’a
IOM Classification : G 5
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term (SST) Graded Contract, 6 Months (Renewable)
SVN No. : SVN2019-116
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Monday 24, June 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Working under the overall supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer and the direct supervision of the Senior Operations Assistant the incumbent will be responsible for supporting all IOM staff and beneficiary movements (both domestic and international – surface and air) as well as obtaining the necessary clearances and documentation for movement of IOM goods and assets throughout Yemen.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Prepare, book and coordinate all domestic and international air bookings for IOM team members, stakeholders and beneficiaries. Ensuring compliance with carrier regulations and in coordination with necessary IOM technical units; Staff Security Unit (SSU), Liaison and Coordination (LCU) and Migration Health (MHU) as necessary.
- Assisting IOM beneficiaries (migrants and refugees) during departure and transit, i.e., serving as an intermediary with migrants/refugees, airport authorities, immigration, customs and security as necessary.
- Assist in the budget preparation for Resettlement and Movement Migration (RMM) activities, including but not limited to refugee resettlement movements, Voluntary Humanitarian Return (VHR) and Voluntary Repatriation in coordination with partners, IOM Headquarters and relevant country missions. Ensure related vendors and daily labourers are appropriately contracted and reimbursed.
- Support the Senior Operations Assistant for IOM Yemen RMM activities; inclusive of coordination with IOM HQ and relevant country missions, authorities, and movement operations.
- Assist in training and monitoring work of team members in charge of carrying out ground and air movements of refugees, migrants and other IOM beneficiaries.
- In line with RMM Standard Operating Procedures, create Pro-Flight and Advanced Booking Notifications, Promissory Notes and other IOM travel related documentation to facilitate safe and orderly beneficiary resettlement and return travel.
- Utilize and remain up to date of IOM operational systems; namely MiMOSA and iGATOR, to ensure that IOM Yemen movements are compliant with global standards and that data entry is both timely and accurate.
- Support the Senior Operations Assistant in liaison with travel providers, such as airlines. Suggest and implement cost saving measures and participate in negotiation with travel service providers, arrangement of the most economic route and appropriate itinerary.
- Participate in the development of standard operating procedures, training of all IOM Yemen staff on how to interact with the travel unit and the creation of a database in order to track movements and ensure compliance with IOM and partner guidelines for travel.
- Provide weekly, monthly and other regular reports as required by partners, donors and IOM.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree/ Certificate in related fields; IATA Diploma or related advantageous;
- Or an equivalent combination of education training and experience;
- Minimum Five Years (Three Years for holders of Bachelors Degree) experience working in the travel or airline industry with knowledge of reservation systems such as AMADEUS.
- Experience working on refugee resettlement, voluntary returns or other IOM beneficiary movements.
- Ability to pay close attention to details and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent computer skills especially MS Office and SAP
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, strong interpersonal skills; Ability to work effectively and harmoniously within a team.
Languages: English and Arabic
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating position applied on subject line by Monday 24 June, 2019
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line SVN2019/116 Sana’a, Movements Assistant (RMU) G5
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Posting period: From 11.June.2019 to 24.June.2019