Senior Operation Assistant (RMU)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position : SENIOR OPERATIONS ASSISTANT (RMU)
Organizational Unit : Resource Management Unit (Operations)
Duty Station : Yemen, Sana’a
IOM Classification : G 7
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term (SST) Graded Contract, 6 Months (Renewable)
SVN No. : SVN2019-115
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Monday 24, June 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates
Working under the overall supervision of the Deputy Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer the incumbent will be responsible for coordination of all IOM staff and beneficiary movements (both domestic and international – surface and air) as well as coordination of necessary clearances and documentation for movement of IOM goods and assets throughout Yemen.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Train, supervise and participate in the selection of all Movement and Travel Unit team members; coordinate timely and orderly movements of IOM Yemen staff and beneficiaries both domestically and internationally.
- Coordinate and monitor all IOM Yemen international staff travel; inclusive of UNLP issuance, Visa/residency issuance, SSAFE training and international travel.
- Oversee all domestic staff travel, including coordination with IOM’s Safety and Security Unit (SSU), UNDSS, relevant partners and local authorities in order to secure authorizations for IOM domestic ground travel and accommodation.
- Ensure that IOM movement of assets and project supplies receive the necessary administrative clearances to ensure timely and uninterrupted transportation. Special care given to obtaining movement permissions and to follow up on any delays requiring additional permissions or negotiation.
- Participate in budget preparation for Resettlement and Movement Migration (RMM) activities, including but not limited to refugee resettlement movements, Voluntary Humanitarian Return (VHR) and Voluntary Repatriation in coordination with partners, IOM Headquarters and relevant country missions.
- Serve as the focal point for IOM Yemen RMM activities; inclusive of coordination with IOM HQ and relevant country missions, authorities, and movement operations. Ensure appropriate staff are available and trained in order to provide ground support for planned and emergency movements of refugees, migrants and other IOM beneficiaries.
- Ensure that relevant Operations staff are trained and up to date on IOM operational systems; namely MiMOSA and iGATOR, to ensure that IOM Yemen movements are compliant with global standards and that data entry is both timely and accurate.
- Serve as the IOM focal point for travel providers, such as airlines. Suggest and implement cost saving measures through negotiation with travel service providers, arrangement of the most economic route and appropriate itinerary.
- Streamline all IOM Yemen movement processes through the development of standard operating procedures, training of all IOM Yemen staff on how to interact with the travel unit. Work closely with ICT & the LCU on the creation of a database to track movements and ensure compliance with IOM and partner guidelines for travel.
- Provide weekly, monthly and other regular reports as required by partners, donors and IOM.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree/ Certificate in business administration or related fields.
- Or an equivalent combination of education training & experience;
- Minimum Seven Years (Five Years for holders of Bachelors Degree) experience working in the travel or airline industry with knowledge of reservation systems such as AMADEUS.
- Experience working in a complex environment and in a humanitarian setting.
- Experience working within the UN architecture, specifically IOM, UNHCR and UNDSS.
- Ability to pay close attention to details and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent computer skills especially MS Office and SAP
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, strong interpersonal skills; Ability to work effectively and harmoniously within a team.
Languages: English and Arabic
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to email@example.com indicating position applied on subject line by Monday 24 June, 2019
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line SVN2019/115 Sana’a, Senior Operations Assistant (RMU) G7
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Posting period: From 11.June.2019 to 24.June.2019