Ended Pharmacy Dispenser
Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
Position: Pharmacy Dispenser
Status: Service Contract (on-call)
Reporting to: Health Facility Supervisor
For our program in Yemen, we are looking for (Pharmacy Dispenser), based in Sana’a, to start as soon as possible.
Under the supervision of the Health Facility Supervisor, the Pharmacy Dispenser will be responsible for the following main activities:
- Stock management in link with medical clinics
- Distribution of drugs during the medical clinics
- Collection, computerization and analysis of weekly drugs consumption
- Reporting and attendance to different meetings
Stock management in link with medical clinics
- Prepare all the necessary drugs, material and equipment for medical clinics and ensure that everything is ready before to leave MdM office
- Realize the pharmacy stock management (in/out) at the medical clinic
- Calculate daily consumption for each item in order to anticipate any shortage
- Do a weekly physical inventory of medical clinic pharmacy
- Prepare weekly drugs orders to MdM central pharmacy with the assistance of the medical doctors and paramedics staff
Distribution of drugs during the medical clinics
- Give the drugs according to the medical prescription.
- Ask the medical doctor or the midwife to complete their prescription in case of incomplete information (dosage, duration…)
- Indicate the name, presentation and dosage of the drugs on the dispensing bag.
- Explain to the patient how to take the treatment and make sure that the explanations have been understood
- Explain the potential side effects of a drug to the patient
- Fill in the daily consumption form for each item
- Ensure patient confidentiality is respected and treat all the patients with respect and dignity
Collection, computerization and analysis of weekly drugs consumption
- Collect the daily medical clinic consumption
- Participate to the weekly computerization and analysis of the drugs consumption
Reporting and attendance to different meetings
- Prepare a weekly activities report to submit to the pharmacist and MC medical supervisor
- Participate in a pro-active way to MdM internal meetings (medical, security)
- Participate to all the trainings organized by MDM
- Give suggestions to improve the functioning of MDM medical clinics
- Participate to the loading and unloading of the vehicles and to the setting up of the medical clinics
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality services
- Is responsible for the proper use and maintenance of assigned equipment
- Perform other additional duties on request of the MC Medical Supervisor
- Diploma or College Degree in Pharmacology or related Medical Field. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar position with INGOs.
Personal skills required:
- Computer Skills in using Microsoft Office such as (Word and Excel).
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent English Skills.
- Experience working in humanitarian emergency settings is an asset
- Send CV + cover letter (including job reference) to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- End of submission: Thursday, 20th June, 2019.
- Please specify the name of the position applying for in the subject of the email.
- Candidates from local governorate are high encouraged to apply.
Thanks to note that only the persons who will be seen on tests/interviews will be contacted.