Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
Status: Service Contract (on-call)
Reporting to: Health Facility Supervisor
For our program in Yemen, we are looking for (Nurse), based in Sana’a, to start as soon as possible.
Under the supervision of the Health Facility Supervisor, the Nurse will be responsible for the following main activities in order to ensure the quality of care in the Medical clinics:
- Realization of the patients triage and taking vital signs
- Realization of paramedics acts including vaccination and nutritional screening
- Implementation of health education sessions
- Collection, computerization and analysis of weekly epidemiological data
- Reporting and attendance to different meetings
Realization of the patients triage and taking vital signs
- Prepare all the necessary drugs, material and equipment for medical clinics and ensure that everything is ready before to leave MdM office
- Keep always the nurse tools clean and organized
- Do the triage of the patients with the medical doctors and give an MDM number to the patients needing a medical consultation
- Take weight, temperature and BP for all the patients who have been registered
- Give deworming drugs to all the targeted children according to the protocol
- Ensure patient confidentiality is respected and treat all the patients with respect and dignity
- Identify medical emergencies and refer them immediately to the medical doctor
Realization of paramedics acts
- Follow the basic medical rules of hygiene when performing paramedics acts
- Realize rapid diagnostic tests and urine dipstick tests to the patients according to necessity and/or prescription.
- Make dressings according to MdM protocols
- Do injections according to necessity and/or prescription
- Ensure the cleaning and sterilisation of dressing material on a daily basis
Depending on the MC site, the nurse can do the vaccination or the nutritional screening but never the both at the same time:
- If there is no vaccinator the nurse will be requested to:
- Check the immunization status of the children
- Proceed to proper immunization of targeted children according to EPI calendar
- If there is no nutritional screener on the MC site the nurse will be requested to:
- Keep always the nutritional screener tools clean and organized
- Take the weight, the height and the MUAC of all the 6-59 months children
- Check presence of oedema for all the 6-59 months children
- Fill in properly the screening nutritional form
- Write on the registration form the nutritional information regarding all the children between 6 and 59 months
- Point out to the medical doctors all the malnourished children
- Perform the appetite test for all the malnourished children admitted in the CMAM program
- Follow the malnourished children admitted in the program and participate in active search for avoiding defaulters
- Provide nutritional health education to the malnourished children caretakers
If there is implementation of health education sessions
- Give health education sessions to the patients in the different waiting areas
- Spread main messages about health education for the following topics: hygiene, safe water, nutrition, immunization, antenatal care, post-natal care, assisted delivery, family planning, ARI, diarrhea.
Collection, computerization and analysis of weekly epidemiological data
- Perform the daily data collection regarding paramedics acts
- Participate to the weekly computerization and analysis of the paramedics data
Reporting and attendance to different meetings
- Prepare a weekly activities report to submit to MC medical supervisor
- Participate in a pro-active way to MdM internal meetings (medical, security…)
- Participate to all the trainings organized by MDM
- Give suggestions to improve the functioning of MDM medical clinics
- Participate to the loading and unloading of the vehicles and to the setting up of the medical clinics
- Participate to the weekly physical inventory of medical clinic pharmacy
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality services
- Is responsible for the proper use and maintenance of assigned equipment
- Perform other additional duties on request of the MC Medical Supervisor
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem in the field
- Diploma or College Degree in Nursing or related Medical Field. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar position with INGOs.
- Computer Skills in using Microsoft Office such as (Word and Excel).
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent English Skills.
- Experience working in humanitarian emergency settings is an asset
- Send CV + cover letter (including job reference) to the email: email@example.com
- End of submission: Thursday, 20th June, 2019.
- Please specify the name of the position applying for in the subject of the email.
- Candidates from local governorate are high encouraged to apply.
Thanks to note that only the persons who will be seen on tests/interviews will be contacted.