Ended Liaison Assistant
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position : Liaison ASSISTANT
Organizational Unit : PDPSU ( Liaison unit)
Duty Station : Yemen, Marib
IOM Classification : G 5
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term (SST) Graded Contract, 6 Months (Renewable)
SVN No. : SVN2019-121
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Monday 24, June 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates
IOM in Yemen has a large diverse project portfolio that is being implemented throughout the country. The Liaison Unit will work closely with various Yemeni authorities and IOM programs to ensure program success and continuity.
Working under the overall supervision of the Head of Project Development and Program Support and the direct supervision of the Head of Sub Office, and the National Liaison Officer, the Liaison Assistant supports the Liaison Unit with administrative and logistical support
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Under the guidance of the National Liaison Officer, serve as the Liaison Unit focal point for knowledge management; ensuring that original and copies of official documents are appropriately drafted, disseminated (referencing and tracking) and shared on common IOM Yemen mission platforms.
- Verify all Liaison Unit external communication follows mission standards for both protocols and style. Work closely with the translation assistant to ensure documents are professional and that the message conveyed is clear.
- Work closely with the Program Support and Resource Management Units to maintain harmonization of messaging on external documents, media/press releases and correspondence with authorities.
- Support administrative, programmatic and operational units on tasks requiring clearance or coordination with authorities. Maintain open communication with IOM teams to avoid contradictory messaging and to promote and monitor adherence to new regulations and protocols.
- Work with field and sub office colleagues to provide weekly input into IOM Yemen internal situation reports to share unit priorities, challenges and to highlight issues requiring immediate action.
- Update and maintain the Liaison Unit action matrix and share weekly to follow up with relevant IOM team members and authorities.
- In coordination with the Liaison Officer and senior management, attend and notate relevant meetings, ensuring that draft notes are appropriately disseminated and stored.
- Serve as interpreter for Chief of Mission and senior management when necessary or for sensitive meetings with authorities.
- Undertake duty travel to IOM sub offices and field operations as necessary.
- Perform any other tasks as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree / Certificate in business law, political science, Translation, English Literature with three years of relevant experience; or
- University Degree in business law and/or political science with two years of relevant professional experience
- Minimum Five Years’ Experience (Three Years for University Degree Holders) in coordination and liaising with governments and other related areas, preferably within the United Nations or International Humanitarian Organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
- Reporting Skills;
- Ability to pay dose attention to details and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent computer skills especially Ms Office and SAP.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability" to work effectively and harmoniously within a team
Languages: English and Arabic
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to email@example.com indicating position applied on subject line by Monday 24 June, 2019
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line SVN2019/121 Marib, Liaison Assistant G5
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Posting period: From 11.June.2019 to 24.June.2019