Ended Human Resources Assistant
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position : HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT
Organizational Unit : Resource Management Unit (HR)
Duty Station : Yemen, Marib
IOM Classification : G 4
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term (SST) Graded Contract, 6 Months (Renewable)
SVN No. : SVN2019-118
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Monday 24, June 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates
Working under the overall guidance of the Resource Management Officer and the direct supervision of the Head of Sub Office and the direct Thematic Supervision of the Human Resources Officer (HRO), the incumbent will assist in all the required administrative activities in Human Resources and the mission. s/he will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the smooth running of the Human Resources daily functions in the sub office to ensure that the Human Resources functions are carried out in accordance with the organization’s regulations and procedures, in coordination with the Human Resources Officer.
- Familiarize oneself on the IOM Human Resources regulations and procedures, including but not limited to the Unified Staff Rules and Regulations (USRR) and other policies; updating oneself of the changes and its implications when carrying out day to day work, reporting any breach or deviations to the HRO for corrective measures to be taken by the HRO
- Assist HR Officer and the Head of Sub Office in the retention and development of IOM Yemen Staff within the Organizational context and methodology;
- Update and maintain the relevant functional HR Matrix systematically, to conform to HR Data Integrity Standards such as Verification, Accuracy and ‘Real Time’. Prepare and share HR Correspondence and Matrix as requested for by the HR Officer having a systematic approach to guarantee information provided is verified.
- Support the HR Officer to establish an archiving system for HR Functions under ones purview for both electronic and physical files; Verifying files are tagged and maintained in a systematic, methodical and meticulous manner;
- Support HR Officer and Head of Sub Office to maintain the established filing system for all current HR files under ones purview ; Verify all current HR Files are complete and Up to Date, with a systematic tracking mechanism to tag and follow up on pending documents; Supporting in Time Keeping and other Leave related activities as required;
- Compile documents as and when required, following up with required staff members to ensure Human Resources files are up to date.
- Support the HR Officer and Head of Sub Office to acculturate the IOM Yemen Work Environment is inclusive, respectful and in line with IOM Code of Conduct, supporting to create harmony both inter unit and intra unit as required within the areas of responsibility, not limited to but supporting to conduct Awareness Sessions on IOM Human Resources Standards and Rules, Regulations to continuously build cohesion and synergy within the Organization.
- Ensure local administrative procedures are in place and followed in accordance with the Organization’s regulations and procedures and reporting any deviations if any to the HR Officer, for corrective measures made as required;
- Any other duties as assigned by Human Resources Officer and the Head of Sub Offic
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Degree, Diploma or its equivalent in Human Resources, Business Administration, Management or related field; or an equivalent combination of education, training & experience;
- Minimum Four Years (Two Years for Degree Holders) Experience in Human Resources or related field; preferably within the United Nations or the International Humanitarian Field; Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality is mandatory; Proactive; Independent Worker; A great team player; Accountability; Good Communication and Interpersonal Skills; Fast Learner; IT Literate; Interpersonal Skills; Administrative & Time Management Skills; SAP knowledge is desirable
Languages: English and Arabic
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating position applied on subject line by Monday 24 June, 2019
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line SVN2019/118 Marib, Human Resources Assistant G4
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Posting period: From 11.June.2019 to 24.June.2019