Ended Procurement Assistant
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position : PROCUREMENT ASSISTANT
Organizational Unit : Resource Management Unit (PLU)
Duty Station : Yemen, Marib
IOM Classification : G 4
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term (SST) Graded Contract, 6 Months (Renewable)
SVN No. : SVN2019-119
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Monday 24, June 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates
Working under the overall supervision of the Head of Procurement and Logistics (HPL) and the direct supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Officer (PLO) the incumbent will be responsible for carrying out procurement and logistics functions in accordance with IOM’s regulations, rules and procedures. In particular, s/he will
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Open a registry of all incoming PRFs to Procurement and Logistics Unit and establish a tracking system for easy search about their outcomes.
- Handle all Field office requests PRF, PO, contract and Payment voucher with proper track and filling system.
- Assist the Procurement and Logistic Unit in proper filling system
- Maintain proper Market survey sheet and maintain a data base for estimated cost based on previous purchase.
- Create a centralized filing system for all copies of, NAP, contract, addendums and Deed of Donations treated for the Filed Mission
- Control the inbox for the reception of physical quotations in the office, sort them out by RFQs reference for Procurement and Logistics Officer actions,
- Control the cleaning materials and reports monthly to the Procurement and Logistics Office in case of replenishment,
- Undertake official outdoor visits in Marib town on behalf of Procurement and Logistics Unit when required,
- Receive Procurement and Logistics Unit incoming visitors, guide them the required staff,
- Post Request for Quotation upon request of the Procurement and Logistics Officer
- Prepare and post all Requests for Quotations (RFQ), Request for Proposal (RFP) under the guidance of the Procurement and Logistics Officer,
- Prepare and submit to Finance Unit all payment requests related to Utility Bills, Internet Bills, and Landlines Bills before end of the closure of the Month.
- Prepare tracking for each dispatch by coordination with destination sub-office and get the proper confirmation and status of the arrived goods, Ensure appropriate funds are available for purchase.
- Develop a centralized tracking system either electronically or physically for all PRFs and POs received and posted in Procurement Unit in specific files for easy reference,
- Monitor and supply offices supplies and cleaning materials for Marib Office on a quarterly basis,
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Procurement officer or Head of Procurement and Logistics.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Degree / Certificate in Purchasing and Supplies, Logistics or Business Administration or related field;
- Thorough understanding of IOM Procurement and Logistics policies, rules and regulations.
- Knowledge on local road safety and highway regulation.
- Knowledge of motor mechanic, vehicle and equipment maintenance
- or an equivalent combination of education, training & experience;
- Minimum Three Years (One Year for Degree Holders) in Procurement and Logistics;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain integrity in performing responsibilities assigned.
- preferably within the United Nations or the International Humanitarian Field
Languages: English and Arabic
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to email@example.com indicating position applied on subject line by Monday 24 June, 2019
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line SVN2019/119 Marib, PROCUREMENT Assistant G4
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Posting period: From 11.June.2019 to 24.June.2019