Senior Project Officer
Organization: Social Fund for Development
Job Title: Senior Project Officer/Deputy Unit Head (Agriculture and Rural Development Unit)
The Social Fund for Development (SFD) was established in Yemen by law No. 10/1997, as one of the social safety network components, to alleviate the side effects resulting from the economic reform programs.
The SFD’s objectives are to improve the access of poor communities to the basic social and economic services and to create a model of an effective and efficient organization providing services, supporting local authorities, enabling target communities to participate in local development, promoting income generating activities and creating permanent and temporary work opportunities.
The SFD has an ambitious investment plan and is currently disbursing 150 million USD to invest annually for implementing 1500 – 2000 projects nationwide. Thousands of consultants, contractors, suppliers, and intermediary agencies participate in the implementation of SFD's work.
SFD's Agricultural Unit is looking to recruit a dynamic and experienced individual to join its team. The opening is a senior position and will support the Unit Head on developing SFD's strategy for agricultural and rural development. The successful candidate will work closely with the Unit Head on fund raising, and producing attractive project proposals. As such the person filling the role will help the SFD in growing its Agriculture investments.
This senior role will include monitoring Unit performance which will require supporting reviews of the M&E framework and the institutionalization of all required tools, reports and indicators to enable an efficient and effective implementation of the M&E framework and Unit activities specifically ensuring compliance with SFD and its partners rules, regulations and reporting needs,
In addition, the successful applicant will work closely with the Unit Head on supervising existing horticulture and value chain projects as well as reporting to donors. This role includes supporting the Unit Head on supervising Unit staff and coordinating their work flow including mentoring junior Unit staff and overseeing their skills development.
The successful Officer will work collaboratively with all Unit members and seek to build strategic linkages across SFD's other functions and programs. She/he will be expected to work in a fast changing and dynamic environment with multiple priorities and pressing demands.
Job Responsibilities & Task
- Supporting the Unit Head on negotiating with donors on the technical / financial aspects of the agreements and supervising the implementation of their terms.
- Support the Unit Head on writing and reporting to donors, presenting to them on request and overseeing donor audits of projects.
- Assist in searching for funding for the relevant projects of the Unit's activities.
- In Coordination with the Unit Head the successful candidate will attend periodical meetings with donors as well as assisting in the representation of the Unit.
- Support in preparing new project proposals and presenting the related recommendations, in addition reporting that to the Unit Head.
- Monthly and periodical reporting as per donor agreements and upon the request of the Unit Head.
- Review project documents and relevant budgets in cooperation with the Unit projects officers/projects managers.
- Constant communication with monitoring and evaluation team in addition to tracking the information submitted by the team to projects department in MIS and project dashboard.
- Coordination with communication team in regard to the promotion of the Unit's work.
- Participation in setting strategic plans for the short and long terms to achieve goals and vision of the SFD and the Unit.
- Support on coordinating of studies/research that help inform decision making.
- Identify research & impact assessment opportunities that can lead to new knowledge on SFD practices.
- Supporting the Unit Head on undertaking periodical meetings with projects officers/managers to follow-up projects implementation, discus and study the updates.
- Taking KPIs into consideration at the time of performing tasks of the purpose of improving and development and monitoring on these KPIs.
- Supervising horticulture projects' implementation in coordination with projects officers/ managers.
- Execute any other tasks delegated to him/her by the Unit Head
Qualifications & competences
- PhD in Agriculture from a reputable university and 8 years' experience or 12 years' experience and a Masters in Agriculture related field from a reputable university.
- Experience in an academic or other research capacity, as well as fund raising, project management, and reporting to donors.
- Negotiation skills
- Communication skills
- Evidence of skills in strategic planning and preparations of budgets
- Able to lead and manage diverse teams
- Proficiency in English (speaking, reading and writing)
1- First register your profile at: SFD Recruitment System After creating your account, complete all section of your profile and submit.
2- To further confirm your application, send your CV to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Putting the job title as the email subject to be considered)
The application should comprise of a one-page cover letter explaining the applicants' interest and suitability for the position, and detailed CV (Arabic & English).
Applicant should submit their application before Jun. 25, 2019. Only short- listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.