Recruitment and Mobility Officer
Job Title: Recruitment and Mobility Officer
Band / Level / Grade: Functional Support 8B
Department: Human Resources
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen Country program has been established in 2012, and currently is implementing integrated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women Protection and Empowerment and Education programming in eight governorates. The IRC Yemen Country Program operates with its Country Office in Sana’a and its main Field Office in Aden. Other subfield offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale, with the Al Dhale office covering Lahaj, and the Abyan office covering activities in Shabwa.
The Recruitment and Mobility Officer will be responsible for filling positions that vary from short-term, emergency response, and full-time needs to meet demands of donors and programs in the Yemen Country Program. This individual will be responsible for pro-active sourcing, advertising, screening, interviewing, reference checking and final negotiations for open positions. S/he will also initiate and implement recruitment strategies to increase the IRC’s talent pool and pipelines, and will provide input to ensure the IRC has diverse global talent that performs at a high level responding to the changing needs of the organization. S/he will implement industry “best practices” that ensure the timely selection of top talent, and will recruit for talent that will support IRC’s organizational culture, while contributing to IRC’s position as an employer of choice.
- Under the supervision of the Recruitment and Mobility Manager in Sana’a; respond to recruitment position requests, be well versed in IRC Global HR Recruitment Policies, and provide weekly, monthly and quarterly Recruitment metrics as required.
- Oversee full-cycle recruitment process and directly recruit positions; develop candidate rosters, employ traditional sourcing strategies, actively network and employ innovative, creative recruiting methods to hire the best talent.
- Ensure all Minimum Standards are carried-out in adherence to the policy; study and become versed in any local labor laws impacting recruitment.
- Develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with key global stakeholders internally and externally including country program HR staff and recruiters, Partners, Universities, peer agencies, and private sector.
- Maintain all documentation pertaining to Recruitment, including tracking weekly recruitment metrics. Coordination with Sana’a Office on sending documentation on a regular basis.
- Promote the International Rescue Committee brand as an employer of choice in the region, with a focus on creating awareness for IRC’s response.
- Expand the capacity of hiring managers and new HR or Recruitment staff to identify talent via improved interview skills & ability to specify critical needs.
- Develop a deep understanding of the IRC’s culture and values and align these with sourcing and attracting talent.
- Develop and implement strategies to maintain internal and external pipeline and roster of talent across all key areas and region.
- In collaboration with technical unit, represent IRC at industry related career fairs, conferences, seminars and other relevant industry events as necessary.
- Other recruitment responsibilities as assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Recruitment and Mobility Manager, based in Sana’a
Other Internal contacts: All staff and departments within the Yemen Country Program
- 2-3 years of experience with Recruitment/Talent Acquisition required; experience in an international NGO context desired.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to create, implement, maintain and improve recruitment strategies and systems in a high-volume context.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field or equivalent professional experience.
- Strong organizational skills as well as interpersonal skills are necessary.
- Ability to work in a fast paced/changing, deadline-oriented environment.
- Solid presentation and communication skills; ability to convey information effectively; solid experience providing training and staff development is a plus
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to manage situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
- Very strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required
- Diplomatic and strong acumen in establishing positive working relationships with employees and all other stakeholders to maximize cooperation and productivity.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Working Environment: The position will be based in Aden.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=5366
Deadline for Applying: June 19, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.