Duration: Fixed term contract- with ability to renew
Position status: Full-time
Location: Al Qaieda
Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
Prepare meals for patients and MSF staff, according to hygiene standards and security rules, in order to ensure their nutritional needs
- List item
- Carry out the preparation of meals for staff
- Follow at all times all hygiene standards and security rules.
- Control stock of food so as to ask for anything needed on time, and prepare shopping list and make purchases if required.
- Ensure meals to be served on time.
- If applicable set table before every meal and clean it up after each meal.
- Ensure cleanliness of all facilities, utensils and equipment.
- If domestic cook, ensure the provision of drinkable water during the day and when she / he leaves: cleaning, filling the filter and empty bottles, changing batteries if necessary.
- Look after all equipment provided.
- Keep an inventory of MSF kitchen utensils and equipment, i.e. plates, glasses, cutlery, cookware, etc., and ensure its integrity.
- Report all important information (lost, robbery, damages, deterioration, incident, etc.).to superior
Literacy essential, course on cooking desirable
Previous experience desirable.
Arabic, Mission language desirable.
basic food knowledge and cooking skills
Applicant is preferred to be from Al Qaeda.
Only applicants submitting those document their application will be review a CV, Valid ID plus a cover letter
To: MSFCH-Kilo-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org subject: “Cook” or to the Al Qaeda Hospital – CV drop box
(be aware to the MSF reception rules – drop it in an envelope with your name & the position applied for on it)
Deadline for the submission of Applications is 4PM 19th June 2019.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted!
CV’s that do not have attached a copy of the ID card will NOT BE CONSIDERED for the recruitment. Note that MSF cannot employ under contract any candidate that does not possess a valid ID card which can be used to register the contract with the Social Security Office and the Tax office.