Ended Information Management Officer
(HAND) is a national humanitarian NGO, nonpolitical and non-profit organization. HAND aims to contribute in humanitarian assistance efforts in our crisis with focusing on population suffering from the crisis specially children, women and IDPs. HAND works to help all people to fulfill their rights. It is active in primary health care (PHC), nutrition, increase awareness in the community, protection, water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) without any kind of discrimination according to gender, color, race, religion ..etc. Moreover, we are there to work alongside with poor people and communities on long-term programs to deliver lasting change. We, in HAND, are demanding to ourselves to set high goals, and obligations to improve the quality of everything we do for our community.
The Job's Information
Information Management Officer (IMO)
Job Title: Information Management Officer (IMO)
Number of Positions: One position
Reporting to: Project Manager
Job Location: Aden
Job Duration: 6 Months renewable based on funding availability and performance
The project IMO will provide an efficient management of data collected on the project activities, this includes data entry, analysis and effective data presentation in a way that assist the project manager in the timely preparation of project reports. S/he will ensure that all data collected by project teams is entered into the appropriate database, analyzed and well protected. S/he will maintain accurate and up to date information regarding projects, locations, surveys, indicators, and all programme activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Entry of data collected at targeted HFs in Google drive using Excel sheet as per donor demands.
- Analyzing and verifying data received from targeted HFs.
- Check the integrity of data.
- Develop complete statistical reports regularly (weekly, monthly, quarterly and final) based on received data.
- Maintain correct and up-to-date project data and relevant records in soft and hard-copy files ensuring the security, integrity and confidentiality of the data and records by completing data base backups.
- Anticipate potential work related problems. Utilize techniques to identify, eliminate or contain technical risks.
- Regularly collect, compile and save project data using easily searchable and accessible media and readable formats. Implement quality control activities.
- Continuous coordination with PM,DM and M&E officer for smooth compiling data from the field and developing the reports on time.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems, Internet networks, LAN, network servers, routers, printers, LAN points, switches, patch panels, access points and satellite modem to prevent faults occurring.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the PM.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of human rights in Yemen
- A Bachelor degree in information technology, computer sciences or related subjects.
- At least 2 years work experience in data processing and analysis, creation of reports.
- Prior work experience in an NGO.
- Proficiency in English.
- Data entry skills.
- Experience with MS Office and data programs.
- Familiarity with administrative duties.
- Organizational and communication skills, with an ability to stay focused on assigned tasks.
- Attention to details.
- Qualified and interested candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and Cover Letter in English to HR@handyemen.org
- The deadline for receiving applications at 04:00pm in 20/6/2019 .
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Females are encouraged to apply.
Please clearly mention the position you have applied for in the subject while submitting your application.