Ended Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
(HAND) is a national humanitarian NGO, nonpolitical and non-profit organization. HAND aims to contribute in humanitarian assistance efforts in our crisis with focusing on population suffering from the crisis specially children, women and IDPs. HAND works to help all people to fulfill their rights. It is active in primary health care (PHC), nutrition, increase awareness in the community, protection, water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) without any kind of discrimination according to gender, color, race, religion ..etc. Moreover, we are there to work alongside with poor people and communities on long-term programs to deliver lasting change. We, in HAND, are demanding to ourselves to set high goals, and obligations to improve the quality of everything we do for our community.
The Job Information
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer
Number of Positions: One position
Reporting to: Project Manager
Job Location: ADEN and Hadhramout Governorate
Job Duration: 6 Months renewable based on funding availability and performance
The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will work closely with the project implementation team and ensure that the M&E activities are in line with the projects’ implementation plans and the organization’s strategies. Knowledge of research methodology in the social sciences and information management is a key function for this position. The main responsibility of the M&E Officer is in the area of designing and putting into use planning, monitoring and evaluation tools to assist the project team in carrying out its role effectively and efficiently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and supervision of project activities at targeted districts in collaboration and coordination with the governorate coordinator with the purpose of ensuring project indicators.
- Conduct monthly jointly supervision visits with GHO & DHOs to HFs and warehouses at districts to monitor project implementation.
- Continuous coordination with DHOs and all other stakeholders at targeted districts.
- Resolve administrative and logistic problems related to project activities at targeted HFs and project warehouses at targeted districts.
- Participate in the preparation of work plans of the project field teams at targeted districts.
- Supervise and follow up the governorate coordinator and district coordinators to ensure the flow of data from HFs to district coordinators and governorate coordinator and finally to HAND main office.
- Performing quality checks on data, including data cleaning and verification of data.
- Development of monthly progress reports and documentation of project success stories.
- Develops and regularly reviews the tools for monitoring and evaluation and make adjustments to facilitate objective measurement of indicators included in the project.
- Monitors utilization of project resources including equipment, medication with the view to determining cost effectiveness.
- Ensure overriding obstacles and implementing activities according to plans, quality standards, and within timeline.
- Commitment to the humanitarian principles of strict neutrality, religious and political impartiality and non-discrimination.
- Perform any other duties as needed.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of human rights in Yemen
- A Bachelor degree in General Medicine and surgery- or other health sciences (Public health, health management ,nursing, dentistry ..etc.)
- S/he must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in project Monitoring and relevant fields.
- Sufficient skills in using computer.
- Proficiency in both Arabic & English.
- Ability & willingness to travel to the field.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience of undertaking assessments and analyzing the results.
- Working in Team.
- Technical and administrative skills expertise.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Qualified and interested candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and Cover Letter in English to HR@handyemen.org
- The deadline for receiving applications at 04:00pm in 20/6/2019 .
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Females are encouraged to apply.
Please clearly mention the position you have applied for in the subject while submitting your application.