Ended Logistics Officer
About the foundation:
Yemen Development foundation (YDF) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with long of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for internally displaced people (IDPs)
YDF advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, protection, legal assistance, water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
YDF has approximately committed and competent employees involved in projects across more than four governorates. In addition, YDF runs one of the largest IDPs projects (NFIs & ESKs, IDP community Center “protection”) over the governorate funded by UNHCR.
Position: Logistics officer
Location: Sa’ada ,
Duration: 6 months,
Roles and Functions of Logistics Officer:
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Receive procurement requests from different sections and prepare purchase plans with a view of ensuring cost effectiveness, timely procurement and quality of goods.
- Ensure procurement procedures are carried out in line with YDF and donor policies and the Minimum Standards.
- Ensure donor procurement policies, guidelines and specific requirements are strictly met.
- Establishment and maintenance of ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers.
- Review procurement plans to ensure that program activities are accomplished
- Coordinate with Finance, Admin and program departments to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation.
- Ensuring that all Supplies, services and equipment required are delivered in time.
- Support and provide the appropriate trainings for procurement and program staff as required.
- Manage logistics, Procurement, vehicle fleets, equipment, transportation and distribution of food and non-food items.
- Ensure that reports are compiled and report systematically to the YDF and donor systems.
- Ensure procurement practices are compliant with YDF and donor regulations.
- Ensure management of vehicle fleets is in line with YDF standards; ensure appropriate allocation and safe use of vehicles throughout the program and ensure servicing and maintenance schedules are adhered to.
- Ensure stock management and administration systems are implemented. Monitor projects stock levels and advise on appropriate stocking and replenishment to meet project demands and insert all the information’s in YDF and Donor systems.
- Ensure that asset register is maintained; ensuring that all assets are logged, issued with unique YDF and donor assets mechanisms.
- Provide data to monitor and evaluate the overall logistics performance in support of the programs.
- Update, monitor and coordinate all Gift-In kind (GIK) management, issues and YDF and donor GIK management procedures.
- Establish a robust filing system for all logistics monthly reports, Framework contracts and GIK
- Ensure that all warehouse stocks are active, updated and data transactions are accurate.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Candidates need to submit their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates in Sa’ada can have sent their CVs to the YDF office to below address:
Candidates in Sa’ada can bring their applications to the YDF office to below address: (Al Zubiri Street – Close to Bin Seena Hospital - YDF office - HR department)
The deadline of receiving the application will be: Saterday, 22th June 2019