Ended Nutrition Coordinator
Division : Programs.
Location : Al-Mahweet
Reports to : Program/Project Manager.
Duration : Six months (renewable).
Organization & Background:
YFCA is a leading, Humanitarian, non-Governmental, non-Profit, non-denominational and impartial Organization established in 1976 to improve woman and child health. Dramatic changes in YFCA mandate were introduced gradually to accommodate the emerging needs of women, children, youth and vulnerable groups. From that Health perspective, YFCA programs incorporate wider thematic interventions including WASH, Shelter, and Nutrition, Food Security, Agriculture and Livelihood, Education, Early Recovery and Protection. To pursue its unchanging humanitarian mission, YFCA will thoughtfully continue its expansion process to respond to the ever changing needs of affected communities and vulnerable groups.
The Nutrition Coordinator is responsible for the oversight, development and management of all YFCA programmers as well as Human Resources, finance, logistics, administration, security, representation and advocacy in the designated field area. S/he will work under the supervision of the Project Manager / Program Manager. In fulfilling his/her responsibilities, s/he will work with other senior managers to ensure that the programs are carried out in line. S/He is responsible to carry out field work in order to mobilize communities, monitor activities and provide support to project management and other team members for the effective and efficient implementation of the project’s activities. He/she will also be responsible for monitoring of project staff performance on the field level as well as reporting of activities.
- Ensure all project activities are implemented based on the program objectives and intermediate results reflected in the detailed implementation plan.
- Responsible for the operational planning of activities for the overall implementation of programmer activities in the respective Field Office.
- Effectively using support services (logs, Admin, HR, and Finance) to undertake key activities and work alongside the Program Manager to ensure their activities run smoothly.
- Coordinate with governmental health office (GHO), district health offices (DHOs), and local council to implement the project activities.
- Develop and maintain good relationships and lines of communication with relevant, local partner, local authorities and communities, explaining the nature of the project and liaising with them throughout the project.
- Coordinate with YFCA MEAL department at central or field level to conduct monitoring visits to the program sites to ensure the implementation of the activities with the National partners on time and to achieve quality results.
- Liaise with different field actors to identify and define project requirements, scope and objectives.
- Ensure that beneficiaries’ needs are met as the project evolves.
- Supervise and support field staff in assigned project based work.
- Regular reports to project manager and donor at field level
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience, & Skills:
- University degree (Diploma, Bachelor or more). Health or nutrition background is preferred.
- 1+ years of relevant work experience.
- Work experience in health/nutrition programs is preferable.
- Previous experience working for an NGO.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites as needed.
- English and Arabic skills, written and spoken (ability to write reports in English is required).
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, Jun 25th, 2019 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
*YFCA is an equal opportunity employer.