Ended Projects Finance Officer
Overview of Yemen Loan Guarantee (YLG):
YLG is a not-for-profit guarantee provider established by the Social Fund for Development in 2017 to increase the facilitation of credit to enterprise owners for growth and expansion.
YLG provides partial guarantees on loans made by PFIs (banks and microfinance institutions MFIs) to micro and small enterprise borrowers located in the region.
YLG aims to contribute to the creation of new jobs and the development of existing and start-up projects.
Towards this end, YLG is currently looking to hire a project(s) Finance Assistant to work closely with the YLG project team(s) during the implementation period and life span of the project(s).
Position Title: Project(s) Finance Officer
Employer: Yemen Loan Guarantee Program (YLG)
Duty Station: Sana'a – Travel between governorates is possible when needed
Duration: 1-year contract
Starting Date: Immediately
Application Deadline: 29/6/2019
Position reporting to: Project(s) Manager – YLG Finance Officer
Project (s) Finance Assistant will be responsible for every financial procedure related to the implementation of project(s) assigned to him/her.
Key responsibilities and functions of the financial officer include:
- Commitment to implement the financial and accounting procedures adopted in the YLG, related to project(s) assigned to him/her.
- Control all financial documents issued and received related to project(s) assigned to him/her, to ensure the correctness and contain the necessary signatures.
- Registration of all registration documents related to project(s) assigned to him/her in their respective accounts according to the applicable computer systems and programs and based on the approved accounting course.
- Preparation of checks related, after verifying the validity of the attached documents and following up on obtaining the required signatures on the checks in accordance with the applicable authorities.
- Participate in periodic and annual inventories of fixed assets and cash and match them with balances of the accounts concerned.
- Work directly with the designated Audit Committee assigned by the donor to ensure that the annual audit completed on time.
- Preparation of project(s) final accounts at the end of the financial year.
- Preparing and monitoring of project(s) cash accounts and forecasting cash needs.
- Communicate on behalf of the project(s) with financial institutions such as banks, partner financial institutions (PFIs) and others, and resolve issues related to the project(s) finances in coordination with the Project(s) Manager and YLG Finance Officer.
- Review the contracts and all obligations before concluding with others to determine their financial impact on the project(s) and make comments thereon.
- Dealing with financial documents and archiving documents related to project(s) assigned.
- Undertake to implement any other procedures in respect of financial and accounting matters as directed by Project(s) Manager and YLG Finance Officer.
- Bachelor degree in finance or accounting.
- Previous 2 years’ experience with knowledge to allocate payments across cost centers.
- Excellent MS Excel and analytical skills, ability to work with large amounts of data.
- Good organization and administration skills to ensure that all documentation is filed on a timely basis and is easily accessible
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work within set guidelines for the payment of invoices/expenses and identify instances when the guidelines are not being followed.
- A proactive approach to resolving any issues that may arise, by assessing their impact and identifying those that need to be passed to the line Manager or next level.
Please fill this form: https://forms.gle/xL4zb3rtW5nu2TE4A not after the deadline
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.