Ended ENT Specialist
Division : Programs.
Location : Hajjah( Al-Mahabesha).
Duration : Three months.
Organization & Background:
YFCA is a leading, Humanitarian, non-Governmental, non-Profit, non-denominational and impartial Organization established in 1976 to improve woman and child health. Dramatic changes in YFCA mandate were introduced gradually to accommodate the emerging needs of women, children, youth and vulnerable groups. From that Health perspective, YFCA programs incorporate wider thematic interventions including WASH, Shelter, and Nutrition, Food Security, Agriculture and Livelihood, Education, Early Recovery and Protection. To pursue its unchanging humanitarian mission, YFCA will thoughtfully continue its expansion process to respond to the ever changing needs of affected communities and vulnerable groups.
Responsible for diagnosing and treating a number of conditions that originate in the head and neck including upper respiratory infections, balance and hearing problems, and thyroid problems.
Tasks and Duties:
- Evaluate the symptoms that affect the patients’ ears, nose, throat, and related structures of the head and neck.
- Follow established surgical techniques during the operation.
- Operate on patients to correct deformities, repair injuries, prevent and treat diseases, or improve or restore patients' functions.
- Analyze patient's medical history, medication allergies, physical condition, and examination results to verify operation's necessity and to determine best procedure.
- Prescribe preoperative and postoperative treatments and procedures, such as sedatives, diets, antibiotics, and preparation and treatment of the patient's operative area.
- Diagnose bodily disorders and orthopedic conditions and provide treatments, such as medicines and surgeries, in clinics, hospital wards, and operating rooms.
- Provide consultation and surgical assistance to other physicians and surgeons.
- Prepare case histories.
- Manage surgery services, including planning, scheduling and coordination, determination of procedures, and procurement of supplies and equipment.
- Examine instruments, equipment, and operating room to ensure sterility.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients and families.
- Monitor patients' conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary.
- Direct and coordinate activities of nurses, assistants, and other medical staff.
- Refer patient to medical specialist or other practitioner when necessary.
- Provide consulting services to other physicians.
- Prepare official health documents or records.
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills:
- Essential: ENT specialist academic degree i.e. Master, board...etc.
- At least 2 years as ENT specialist.
- Strong Command of Arabic and English
- Essential: computer literacy (Word, Excel, internet)
- Result-oriented, flexible, committed, and good at stress management.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs email@example.com by Saturday, Jun 22nd, 2019 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
*YFCA is an equal opportunity employer.