Ended Base and Facilities Officer
- BASE AND FACILITIES OFFICER
AL-Zuhra district – Hodeida Governorate
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF is advertising for the following position: BASE AND FACILITIES OFFICER
Requirements for the position
Essential : Secondary Education
Essential: Previous working experience of at least one year in relevant jobs.
Desirable :experience with other NGOs
Essential: Arabic and English
• Results, Teamwork. Flexibility, Commitment ,Stress Management
Essential: Computer literacy and radio equipment user-knowledge
Place of work: ALZUHRA district, Hodeida Governorate Republic of Yemen
Duration: Until the end of 2019, with possibility of extension
Others: Salary : Based on the organization scale
Carrying out or supervising all maintenance logistics activities in the base (vehicles, fuel consumption, and local infrastructure) according to MSF standards and protocols in order to have the material, infrastructure and vehicles in optimal running conditions.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Planning vehicles movements, tracking individual trips, and ensuring implementation of security measures
- Tracking consumption of supplies, fuel, lubricants, used in different facilities (office, house, store, etc.).
- Checking the maintenance of the various open spaces (gardens, courtyards...) and ensuring that domestic waste is correctly discarded
- Checking and ensuring the maintenance of MSF premises and facilities, as well as the general water supply, electrical, walls, ceilings ect. and security conditions. In this sense, making inspection visits to assess the rehabilitation needs of facilities.
- Performing maintenance of logistics equipment for cold chain, energy, IT and radio communications, in particular:
- Inventories and the reallocation of equipment.
- Renewing the authorization to use radio material with local authorities.
- Checking the quality of the work carried out on generators and electrical installations.
- Preparing orders for his sector activity, do the follow-up, and checking their proper reception and state.
- Carrying out local purchases and ensuring that the line manager is aware of any problems linked to the quality or availability of the items to be purchased.
- Participating in trainings at the request of the line manager
- Interested candidates are invited to send detailed CV , cover letter in English and copy of their ID and previous work certificates to the following email address: email@example.com
- Deadline for the submission of applications is before the end of June 23rd 2019
- Please mention the position title “BASE AND FACILITIES OFFICER” in the subject of the email, otherwise the application won’t be considered.
MSF is an equal opportunity employer – Both Women & Men are invited to apply
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a technical test and interview.