Ended Emergency Food Security & Vulnerable Livelihood Assistant (3)
- Accountable to the EFSVL officer for the direct implementation of Oxfam EFSVL activities, ensure traceability of all activities carried out, proper recording is required.
- Provides support for and implements program activity plans to agreed standards, following procedures and Oxfam Code of Conduct.
- Working in team and coordination with other EFSVL staff and with other department staff.
- Working with community members and representatives to facilitate the program implementation and proactively achieve solutions to problems arising.
- Carry out interviews, questionnaire, focus group discussions, key informants interviews, data collection as per plans. Data entry can be required.
- Support field activity supervision and follow up, ensure data recording (attendance lists, meeting minutes, delivery notes, distribution lists, questionnaires, etc.);
- Flexibility to anticipate and resolve challenges within the operational context.
- Work patterns are high pressure and require proper judgement about basic adjustment and urgent action on routine.
- Makes local information accessible and usable by project management and non-specialists.
- Do any Other Tasks requested by the EFSVL Team Leader or the EFSVL Senior Officer.
What we are looking for
- Diploma or equivalent in a relevant discipline (preferably sociology, agriculture, microenterprise development) and /or substantial community development experience. First degree will be added advantage
- Demonstrable experience of implementing Cash Transfers, Commodity or value Vouchers, Cash for Work and/or Food Aid programmes.
- Emergency experience with an NGO essential, with proven application at field level knowledge and experience in Humanitarian and early livelihoods recovery approach.
- Knowledge and experience of gender mainstreaming and an active commitment to promoting the interests of marginalised people in all aspects of Oxfam GB’s work.
- Willing to work in remote communities for long periods of time
- Hands on field experience, PRA and communication skills essential
- Good computer skills (Excel and word).
- Good spoken Local language (Arabic) is essential.
- Good written and spoken English is preferable
- Pro-active and with excellent communication skills.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
To view all the details of this job description please downlaod the attached file or visit the below link on Oxfam's job site
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and respond to three key questions related to your experience in. Your application will be shortlisted based on your CV and your responses to the above questions. You need not comment on your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
Please use the following link to apply for this position: