Ended Psychosocial Support Technical Officer (2)
2 Psychosocial Support Technical Officer ( Short-term ) - Sana’a & Amran
The Psychosocial Support Technical Officer will be responsible to manage the overall psychosocial support and Case Management activities in the region. The Psychosocial Support Technical Officer will be responsible of the coordination, supervision and support for the case workers. The psychosocial support officer works in close collaboration with the Education Assistants and ensures that trends are communicated to develop adapted and contextualized Education awareness messages.
Key areas of accountability:
- Provide needed psychosocial support for public schools children who will attend compensatory courses in TLCs.
- Ensure that enhance the quality in the implementation transaction process for the TLCs children in to public schools.
- Ensure that enhance the quality in the implementation Case Management system is functional and follow the SOP in compliance with the Child Protection Minimum Standards (CPMS).
- Ensure that staff fill in correctly the referrals and other case management tools.
- Working closely with social workers in public schools as required.
- Provide feedback to the Education Coordinator in terms of needs for capacity building of project staff and government as required.
- Ensures that case workers and the data base worker are appropriately supported in their daily work.
- Organize the case meetings, to discuss challenging cases, ensure timely follow up, and that all systems are functional.
- With support of Education Assistant link the identified and assessed cases to the required services through the service mapping
- Support the referral pathways through referral protocols with the governmental and privet service providers
- Ensure all staff are oriented and trained on monitoring reporting mechanisms (MRM).
- Ensure effective coordination with the CPWG and all relevant task groups for case management and (MRM).
- In coordination with the Education Assistants to participate in the monitoring and evaluation of the program.
- Develop and Facilitate Case Management training module to case workers, stakeholders, CECs, government departments as required.
- Conduct regular visits (as possible) to other field sites to observe the quality of the implementation of the Case Management activities.
- Compile the weekly data of the case workers and the database clerk.
- Participate in the development of lessons learnt and best practices.
- Revise and compile weekly case worker and data base case worker report.
- Provide timely inputs to programme and donor reports on case management project activities in compliance with internal Save the Children requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- Ensure that all relevant financial documentation is completed accurately as required by SCI financial policy.
- Attend Education coordination as required.
- Liaise and collaborate with other Case Management actors when required
- With the Child Protection Team, support the integration of child protection case management into the other core sectors of SCI programs in the North.
- Maintain positive coordination and relationships with MOE, NAMSHA and other SCI sector staff.
- Provide training to staff and MOE staff on psychosocial support /psychosocial wellbeing of children as required.
- Oversee and technically support the different psychosocial support activities under the education program in the north area.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop SCI Child Protection programme.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work or related field
- 3 years experience in a similar post.
- Experience in having implemented psychosocial support programs.
- Experience of working directly with children and/or adolescents
- Training skills, ability to conduct trainings
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to represent Save the Children at meetings with government officials
- Computer skills in word, excel, PowerPoint.
- influent in English language.
All CVs to be sent through our account Amran.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mention the Position and Duty Station on your Subject line.
This position is open to Yemeni nationals only
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.