Ended EFSVL Team Leader
JOB TITLE: Emergency Food Security and Vulnerable Livelihoods (EFSVL) Team Leader
LOCATION: Hajja and Hodiedhah
JOB FAMILY: Programme
SALARY: As per salary scale
LEVEL: National C2
OXFAM PURPOSE: To work with others to overcome poverty and suffering
TEAM PURPOSE: To ensure food security and contribute to livelihoods recovery of the affected population in Yemen.
JOB PURPOSE: To plan and to implement a large food security and cash programme in part of one governorate.
Post holder reports to: Programme Manager
Staff reporting to this post: EFSVL Officers, Senior Officer.
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: Regular budget tracking, monitoring, management related to target of EFSVL team activities Vs achievements Vs expenditures.
- Managing/ supervising resources within defined boundaries or a specialist area, which may include people, assets and/or budgets.
- Providing professional advice to senior managers on areas of work covered in their remit.
- Influences the development of strategy and ensures and supports operational implementation.
- Develops solutions to diverse and complex problems within organisational policy.
- Interprets and applies operational and specialist information in a variety of formats from a variety of sources.
- Flexibility to anticipate and resolve challenges within corporate or divisional parameters, with moderate scope.
- Decisions are made, with a specialist/ divisional context, to further the objectives of Oxfam and the division with reference to the external HR environment.
- Impact of this role is significant within the department and division(s), and could have some impact Oxfam-wide.
- Contribute to and influence operational planning.
- Influence managers, staff and volunteers in Oxfam and develop effective networks with external bodies.
- Organise learning and development opportunities for staff to achieve corporate goals·
- Working with Staff Representatives for the organisation
- Support to work out a phased plan for scale up of cash transfers for the specific field location in light of existing capacities.
- Team management and provide day to day support to the field team
- Orient and translate EFSVL guidelines (prepared by EFSVL Coordinator) and tools based on the reality in field location. This includes sharing the guidelines and tools with field staff in a manner that is easily understood and followed by field staff.
- Support to the field team to identify right beneficiaries and distribution mechanism, developing accountability mechanisms in the field, community organisation process in support with MEAL
- Close monitoring of food security and nutrition situation
- Engage with relevant external stakeholders in the field locations to share information and influence thinking on EFSVL.
- Work with Oxfam team to ensure that programme is implemented in line with Oxfam policy and agreed standards (as per approved project plans).
- To work with the WASH to jointly develop the implementation strategy and approach for the EFSVL programme in the governorate.
- Together with the WASH team, to ensure the EFSL and WASH programmes are appropriately integrated.
- To represent Oxfam at the Governorate Coordination
- Support EFSVL coordinator in preparing proposals to seek funds and timely donor reporting
- Take lead in preparing and facilitating a “learning workshop” that informs the programme of key lessons learnt and capture the same for references as well as improvement
- To work with the EFSVL/ Finance staff to ensure that the cash transfer programme has appropriate cash delivery mechanisms in place for the governorate.
- To encourage mainstreaming of gender into livelihoods recovery programming by increasing knowledge of the staff, community structures and beneficiary communities through trainings/ awareness raising activities and incorporating gender data in program monitoring and design.
- To continuously assess the context, and adapt the programme and team composition as required by the context.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
The post holder will have the following essential attributes.
- Education – A relevant degree with at least four years of field experience in the implementation of EFSL programmes. A technical specialisation in cash transfer programming as well as one of the following: livestock, agriculture and microenterprise.
- Demonstrated experience in enabling partners in partner-led EFSVL responses.
- Strong mentoring and capacity building skills. Experience in conducting training in EFSVL, including cash transfer programming.
- Skills in field-level interagency coordination and representation.
- Strong skills in work-planning for an EFSVL programmes.
- Strong assessment and response analysis skills in EFSVL.
- Proven experience in designing, implementing and monitoring large food security and livelihood programmes. This includes designing all necessary formats and training staff in the implementation.
- Proven experience in monitoring and evaluation, including post distribution monitoring and price monitoring.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptive and responsive to a continuously changing environment.
- An understanding and ability to ensure that EFSVL guidelines and toolkits are understood and used. This includes Oxfam’s Cash Transfer Programming Guidelines, LEGS, PCMMA and HEA.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Strong commitment to social justice, promoting gender awareness and equality.
- Good communicator in English - both written and oral as well as a good listener.
- Good community participation skills - PRA and other methodologies.
- Strong project cycle skills: assessments, design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and strategic planning skills.
- Financial monitoring skills.
- Proven computer competence.
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse organisation. Experience of Yemen or other areas in Middle East is preferred.
Please Interested candidates are kindly requested to visit our website below for More details about post and apply through post application: