Ended Security Officer
Location: Shafar , Yemen
- Provide Safety and Security Analysis of the deployment area (working closely with the location PM along with Security Advisor and Security Coordinator in Sana’a)
- Support the development and maintenance of a comprehensive context analysis and risk assessment.
- Ensure and maintain continuous contacts with all relevant stakeholders to develop a network and build relationships with key actors (formal and informal) to ensure gathering of reliable security information.
- Undertake regular and ad hoc safety and security assessment missions as requested, in order to gather information and to analyse the overall security situation in existing and potential areas of intervention or office buildings or other accommodation locations.
- Support and advise the PM in to developing a security management system specific to the context and area of operation and in line with Oxfam Security policies protocols and approach
- Provide a continuous updating of security measures and procedures in place according to the situation
- Maintaining a functional and reliable security reporting systems from the field to Sana’a level (with Security Advisor and Security Coordinator)
- Work with the PM as well as the Security Advisor and Security Coordinator in developing and updating location specific SOPs and evacuation/hibernation plans
- Along with the PM, implement and monitor that security measures and procedures in place are followed by all staff
- Support the other departments (HR, Administration and Logistics) to have in place an appropriate system to facilitate good security management.
- Support the PM locally in the management of security incidents and liaise with the Security Advisor and Security Coordinator in Sana’a for additional support as needed
- Support the day-to-day management of security and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures Establish and maintain security communications trees
- Support the PM in identifying the security learning and development needs of staff, delivering training if needed or appropriate
- Deliver appropriate briefing to staff and visitors as requested
- Develop or ensure that a location Welcome Pack is updated regularly, contains relevant security information and shared with new arrivals
- Ensure daily security updates and clearance to staff as needed prior to departure on the field
- Build the capacity/work closely with designated security focal points who will take on his/her tasks during absence
- With local stakeholders such as government, (I)NGO’s, ISAO, UN, partners, communities to share and exchange information.
- To represent Oxfam GB in security meetings as delegated by the PM
- Inform and co-ordinate with all staff on security related issues
- Liaise with Security Advisor and Security Coordinator in Sana’a on all security related issues
- Liaise with other support departments in order to ensure that the security management system is well implemented.
Skills and Competencies Required for this Role
- Practical experience of security assessment, planning and implementation of procedures in the context of UN or NGO humanitarian operations
- Proven influencing and negotiating skills with internal and external audiences including in complex and stressful circumstances
- Ability to advise and support field staff in a consultative manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, along with the capacity to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to multitask while not losing sight of strategic priorities.
- Organised and efficient.
- Sound understanding of the importance of gender.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to work in a wide variety of cultural contexts
- Willingness to travel at short notice, and often in difficult circumstances
- Committed to Oxfam principles
- Ability to conduct or co-facilitate training sessions
- Ability to speak English and Arabic
Please Interested candidates are kindly requested to visit our website below for More details about post and apply through post application: