Ended Logistics and Security Officer
Job Title: Logistics and Security Officer
Reporting to: Project Manager
Start date: ASAP
Human Appeal is a non-profit organisation working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s struggle against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and establishment of sustainable development programmes, we aim to invest in real effective solutions.
Now over 26 years, Human Appeal has a presence in 24 countries spanning across 3 regions: Asia, Africa, and middle east in addition to international offices in Europe. 2019 is an exciting time as we continue to build on our achievements to transform the lives of millions of people across the world. We are looking for a dynamic candidate who is passionate about international development to join our Human Appeal Yemen team.
1. Under supervision of the Project Manager and Country Logistics Officer, he/she will play a pivotal role to assist field office in harmonizing logistical processes (Warehouse and inventory, fleet management, GIK and asset Management). According to HA policy.
2. Under supervision of Country Logistics Officer, he/she will ensure systems and procedures are adhered to, reviewed, and updated as appropriate.
3. To be ready for any extra work based on the work requirements.
MAJOR Essential Duties RESPONSIBILITIES:
Security Officer Summary List of Responsibilities:
Security officer will contribute to the Human Appeal safety and security system by undertaking the following responsibilities:
- Being the key point of contact for safety and security related activities and issues in the region, both preventative and responsive.
- Assist with the implementation of safety policies, safety rules, and standard operating procedures (SOPs) related to the safe implementation of program activities.
- Ensuring the process of reviewing/updating risk assessments and other safety/security documentation is conducted.
- Assist in tracking of access and operations and in monitoring of staff field movements.
- Providing security orientation to newly assigned staff members.
- Conduct security briefings to international staff working or visiting Yemen, as required.
- Collect, verify, analyze, and submit timely and regular regarding issues that affect, or may affect the organization’s operations.
- Deliver required documentations which are required by staff and visitors for concerned authorities in order to obtain visa.
- Process the required movement permits from authorities – MOPIC, and MoI and liaise with other actors for staff movement matters.
- Assist in the process of de-confliction procedures by submitting requests and regular update/follow up.
- Assist with required documentations in order to meet the requirements by MOPIC regarding registration of organization and sub-agreements.
- Monitor the evolving situation in specified tasked areas of operations in coordination with other INGOs.
- Assist in incident and emergencies by carrying out assigned tasks in order to maintain prompt action and support for staff.
- Carry out building and guards and vehicles check.
- Advise and assist the procurement of safety equipment.
- Conduct regular field site assessments and advise on mitigation measures.
- Other duties assigned by the HOM or his/her designate Reporting Arrangements.
KEY LOGISTICS AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Manage logistics, Procurement, vehicle fleets, equipment, transportation and distribution of food and non-food items.
- Ensure that reports are compiled and report systematically to the line Manager and country Logistics officer.
- Ensure procurement practices are compliant with Human Appeal and donor regulations.
- Ensure transportation of freight in line with program budgets and needs; ensuring the most cost effective and reliable means of transport is used for the timely delivery of supplies to projects
- Ensure management of vehicle fleets is in line with Human Appeal standards; ensure appropriate allocation and safe use of vehicles throughout the program and ensure servicing and maintenance schedules are adhered to.
- Ensure stock management and administration systems are implemented. Monitor projects stock levels and advise on appropriate stocking and replenishment to meet project demands and insert all the information’s in HAI systems.
- Ensure that asset register is maintained; ensuring that all program assets are logged, issued with unique HAI asset numbers and ID cards.
- Ensure the practical and effective implementation of the security guidelines in the field office ensuring all program staff are briefed on procedures.
- Monitor security information and networks and ensure that security information is disseminated appropriately and effectively.
- Comply with all relevant HAI policies and procedures with respect to child protection, , equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Provide data to monitor and evaluate the overall logistics performance in support of the programs.
- Update, monitor and coordinate all Gift-In kind (GIK) management, issues and HAI GIK management procedures.
- Establish a robust filing system for all logistics monthly reports, Framework contracts and GIK
- Ensure that all items in the warehouse is active, updated and are accurate.
- Perform any other duties requested by the line manager.
- Be ready to travel to any other location based on the proposed plans by programs and line manager.
Relevant diploma or university degree, further studies desirable, particularly logistics, business or computer related. Preferably to have any medical qualification. Proven Experience in warehouse management and familiarity with logistics accounting procedures.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least one year of relevant professional work experience in related field.
- Plan and coordinate flight operations in consultation with line manager.
- Excellent mathematical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to understand principles of data management.
- Ability to identify potential problems before they occur. Proactive in preparation and uses initiative in response.
- An excellent record keeper who keeps information up to date.
- Demonstrated capacity for self-organization.
- Ability to manage and organize large groups of laborers.
- Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, Diplomacy, Capability to create strong relationship between among all teams’ members.
- Strong negotiation and communication skill.
- English Language is an asset
- Ability to use computer, word window and Excel
- Strong training facilitation skill.
- Please send your English CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clearly write the Position Name + Duty Station that you are applying for in the Email subject.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 15 / July / 2019