Ended Program Support Officer
Title: Program Support Officer
Location: Sana’a, Yemen
Availability: 20 August, 2019
Report to: Country Director
Duration: 6-month contract with possibility of extension. Terms and conditions in accordance with DRC terms for National staff in Yemen.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, mature professional for the position of Program Support Officer. The PSO will double up to manage Country Senior Management Team high-level strategic meetings and documentation to ensure adequate support and a proactive approach to achievement of countrywide objectives.
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an International non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people in over 30 countries around the world. DRC has been operating in East Africa and Yemen (EAY) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programs through Country Offices (COs) in Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia/Djibouti, Yemen and Uganda/Tanzania with a Regional Office (RO) in Nairobi.
DRC, through its specialized business unit, Danish Demining Group (DDG) aims to recreate a safe environment where people can live without the threat of landmines, unexploded ordinances and small arms and light weapons”. These goals can be effectively advanced through cooperation and joint action with other organization as well as with integration of operations and programs with its sister organization, DRC.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To coordinate a systematic follow up on the initiatives and tasks agreed in the monthly Country SMT (COSMT) and quarterly program meetings
- To conduct research, gather information and prepare summaries and analyses as required by the country SMT
- To organize and convene thematic meetings, including Risk Management meetings for Country, Region and HQ, for Senior Management, at CO SMT, including agendas and minute taking
- To ensure transparency of senior management structures and decision making processes in the CO SMT
- To coordinate feedback and follow up on actions on behalf of senior management, with those assigned responsibility to ensure that the tasks agreed are achieved according to the agreed deadline
- To draft Recommendations for Decisions to the Senior Management of DRC on behalf of the CO SMT.
- To prepare and participate, where required, in meetings and workshops organized at the country or field level, including agendas and minute taking
- To maintain and ensure easy tracking of documents, physical and electronic filing system of the CO SMT.
- To support CO SMT with Administrative Program requirements to ensure effective coordination and communication of policy requirements and updates.
- To assist with advocacy proactive and reactive statements.
The Program Support Officer will report to the Country Director
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
- University Degree in a relevant field; International development/relations, Political science, Communications, Social science or Business Administration
- Minimum four years office, administrative and programme management experience, working closely with senior management in coordination of critical events
- At least 3 years’ work experience in an international NGO in management of key projects
- Excellent written and spoken English is essential
- Demonstrated ability to manage processes and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to work independently and to maintain flexibility in working hours.
- Energetic and flexible with high sense of responsibility and excellent organisational, planning and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate tasks to meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively orally in English and Arabic.
- High level of integrity and able to maintain strictest of confidentiality
- High competence in handling situations with tact and diplomacy
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the position.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application system via : no later then 15th July 2019
Danish Refugee Council does not charge any kind of fee at any stage of the recruitment process nor does it use recruitment agents.