Ended Area Guards (2)
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Ad-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Area Guards (2)
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 6 months, renewable
- Guard the office premises.
- Check generator’s fuel and refills when needed.
- Visitor reception and processing.
- Badge management.
- Visitor escort and supervision (e.g. contractors).
- Vehicle registration.
- Person/vehicle/property searching and contraband detection.
- Patrolling of buildings and perimeters to detect and deter.
- Ensuring adherence to badge wearing policy.
- Health and safety monitoring and rectification of hazards.
- Fire prevention, detection and first response.
- Enforcing enterprise security policy.
- Control of entrances and movement of pedestrian and vehicle traffic.
- Prohibits all kinds of weapons from entering the office premises.
- Follows up with water tanks and dynamo.
- Maintains a clear schedule of shifts.
- Communicates with the supervisor immediately when issues of emergency occur.
- May be requested to drive when needed.
- Guards are not to sleep whilst on duty.
- Guards are responsible to ensure that vehicles are not parked across the ACTED entrances or vehicle gates. They are to ensure that both ACTED and visitors’ vehicles are parked orderly in their designated areas.
- Guards are to report the loss of uniforms, identification cards and security related equipment to the Security focal point Officer. If the guard is to be found responsible for the loss, a formal warning may be issued.
General – Specific for Night Duty:
- Gates are to be locked at curfew or at a designated time determined by the Security focal point Officer. At this time, the guards are to withdraw into the compound, ensuring that no items are left in the security booth.
- Guards are not to sleep whilst on duty and are to remain alert.
- Guards are to conduct regular checks of the perimeter fencing within the compound.
- Guards are to ensure that where applicable, ACTED vehicles are parked inside the compound
- Guards are to ensure that where applicable, perimeter security lighting is switched on at last light.
- Two security guards are on duty during the last shift (from 10pm to 7am)
- The guard is to meet the visitor and quickly and politely ascertains the reason for visit. The following information is to be obtained.
- The name of the visitor and which organization She/he is from.
- Who the visitor wants to meet with.
- Purpose and duration of the visit.
- The guard is to check the identification of the visitor and is to instruct them to complete their details in the visitor’s book. A visitor’s card is to be issued. During this time, the person to be visited is to be notified to confirm authorization for the visit. Once confirmation is given, the visitor is to be escorted into the compound to the relevant office.
- At the completing of the visit, the visitor is to be escorted back to the entrance gate (this is the responsibility of the ACTED officer visited). S/he is to sign out of the visitor’s book and return the pass.
- All non-ACTED and ACTED vehicles entering an ACTED compound are to be inspected by the guards for improvised explosive devices (IED).
- ACTED vehicles parked outside of the compound overnight are to be inspected first thing in the morning for IED and signs of theft or sabotage.
- Suspicious vehicles parked next to any ACTED compound. Emergency contact details are to be issued separate from these orders.
- An emergency situation can include fire, attempted break in to an ACTED compound, or armed people attempting to gain entry to an ACTED compound. Emergency contact details are to be issued separate from these orders.
- In the event of a fire, guards are:
- to Inform the Security focal point Officer or another ACTED senior or expatriate staff member.
- Inform the fire Department and the Local Police Office.
- Cut the power to the building and close all office doors and windows where safe and applicable.
- Attempt to contain the fire and wait further instructions.
Attempted Break in:
- In the event of an attempted break in, guards are to:
- Inform the Security focal point Officer or another ACTED senior or expatriate staff member
- Inform the Local Police Office.
- Where possible, detain the person and hold until the local authorities arrive to arrest or question him.
- In the event of an armed attack or armed person attempting to gain entry to an ACTED compound, guards are to;
- Retreat to safety inside the compound and lock the gate.
- Inform the Security focal point Officer or another ACTED senior or expatriate staff member.
- Inform the Local Police Officer.
- Wait for further instructions.
Required qualification and experience
- Secondary School or equivalent.
- At least two years’ experience in working as a security Guard.
- Speaks good English.
- Professional, good organizational capacity, good team spirit, responsible and culturally sensitive.
- Good background in Security.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of ACTED.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: "Area Guard”.
- The closing date for applications is Tuesday 16 July, 2019.
- Candidates must rename CV: (First & Surname + Area Guard- Aden)
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification