Ended M&E Manager
Job Title: M&E Manager
Location : Sana’a/ Yemen
Reports to: MEAL Coordinator
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is seeking a dynamic and self-motivated individual for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager to be based in Sana’a. The ideal candidate should have worked in an M&E position for at least four years especially in health, nutrition, environmental health, food security and livelihoods, education, women`s empowerment or related technical sectors. The M&E Manager will be responsible for ensuring that program teams are supported to carry out their planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning activities. The role will contribute to overall program quality through the conceptualization, coordination, and implementation of enhanced monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning strategies, including developing high quality written products. The emphasis is on streamlining processes and tools for program reach, efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability throughout the project cycle across the various IRC sectors and departments. This position will based in Sana’a but will require frequent travel to the field. The M&E Manager will technically supervise M&E staff in Sana’a and Hodeidah, and report to the MEAL Coordinator based in Aden.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring that the IRC's global monitoring for action (MfA) standards are implemented for improved program quality and use of data within the organization. As part of this, champion an organizational culture shift from a focus on data being primarily for donor reporting or indicator tracking to using data for programmatic course correction and decision making
- Contributing to the rollout of IRC global strategic initiatives related to measurement including adapting in-country tools where needed to enable reporting against IRC global standards and requirements
- Developing project specific monitoring and indicator tracking tools in consultation with program teams
- Streamlining data flow processes, storage, management, cleaning, verification and timely reporting on program performance for all sectors
- Leading the planning and implementation of periodic field monitoring exercises and data quality assessments including dissemination of findings and follow up of action points
Evaluation, Learning and Documentation
- Ensuring relevant, timely, and quality support to IRC Yemen technical sectors on assessments, surveys and evaluations including developing data collection tools, recruitment and training of enumerators, setting up mobile devices and supervision of data collection, supporting data analysis, report writing and dissemination of findings
- Providing technical guidance during periodic data review meetings with Program Coordinators/Managers as part of monitoring for action and learning.
- When appropriate/applicable, facilitating and participating in information sharing opportunities among IRC partners/donors, including requests for documentation and information from third party monitors.
- Maintaining a proper filing/archiving/storage system for all M&E resources including data collection tools, datasets, reports, SOPs, strategies among others
Supervision and Managing a Team
- Supervising and supporting a team of M&E Officers including setting performance objectives, mentoring and coaching them
- Holding weekly team meetings with the M&E Officers and Assistants, and representing the MEAL team during weekly Senior Management Team coordination meetings in Sana’a.
- Creating a cohesive team environment through fostering open communication and providing constructive feedback and support to all team members
- Identifying professional development opportunities for M& E Officers and Assistants focusing on knowledge and skills related to monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Conducting visits to field sites to provide training, technical assistance, and support, as well as to ensure that M&E and learning tools are understood and being implemented effectively
Candidate selection will be based on the criteria described below.
- University degree in Social Sciences, Information Management, Statistics or other relevant fields with at least three years of relevant professional work experience.
Experience and qualifications:
- Minimum of four years’ experience in an international NGO in similar role/with similar responsibilities.
- Demonstrated understanding of direct monitoring and evaluation experience, specifically in the humanitarian and development context.
- Demonstrated experience developing tools and systems for, and building capacity of others in skills related to, program tracking and documentation.
- Demonstrated experience in staff supervision.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies, including logical models, conceptual frameworks, and assessment/evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience of implementing beneficiary complaint and feedback mechanisms.
- High proficiency in Excel, SPSS or any other data analysis software
- Experience with mobile data collection techniques is preferred
- Effective, high-quality communication, writing, and interpersonal skills are essential
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=4711
Deadline for Applying: July 17, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.