Ended WPE Community Mobilizer
Position: WPE Community Mobilizer
Report to: WPE Manager
Duty Station: Sana’a (1) – Alhodeida (1) Governorates
Under the supervision of the WPE Prevention and Risk Reduction Officer, the WPE community mobilizer will be responsible of implementing and managing all GBV prevention and risk mitigation activities which includes community awareness and education strategies and approaches to increase safety of target communities and women and girls who are at risk of GBV. The WPE Manager will ensure that community mobilization activities, risk mitigation, safety assessments, outreach visits, capacity building trainings, meetings, and community-based activities are properly planned, implemented, and monitored.
Detailed responsibilities and tasks:
In collaboration and under the direction of the WPE Manager, community mobilizer will:
- Conduct information and awareness sessions with women and girls in the community to disseminate information about available services and key protection concerns
- Identify and assess new communities to be engaged in WPE activities
- Maintain regular contact with community focal points and community outreach volunteers to ensure a constant flow of information and feedback
- Gather feedback at the community level regarding WPE service provision and share information with the WPE Senior Officer
- Identify and engage key “gatekeepers” within the community to ensure access of WPE teams and promote participation of the community in activities
Risk mitigation activities
- In close collaboration with community outreach volunteers conduct regular safety assessments to identify key risks faced by women and girls within their community
- Support community outreach volunteers and other community members in developing advocacy messages and strategies to address and/or mitigate risks faced by women and girls
- Facilitate referral of identified needs to humanitarian organizations and other service providers, ensuring follow up and feedback to the community
Required qualification and skill
- Bachelors Degree in Sociology, Psychology, Social Work or other related area.
- Good working knowledge of English language.
- Minimum two years professional experience in GBV prevention or risk reduction
- Proven ability in community mobilization.
- Excellent knowledge of the working environment
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Computer literacy is needed
- Deep understanding of violence against women and girls, women’s protection and empowerment in the context of Yemen
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link:
For Alhodidah position:
For Sanaa position:
Deadline for Applying: July 17, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.