roviding Consultancy Services (Individual National Consultants)
Water and Sanitation
Consultants (Individuals) to Supervise the implementation of Water and Sanitation Projects in 9 Cities.
Sana’a, Aden, Amran, Dhamar, Al Hodiada, Al Mukalla, Abyan, Al Dhalea, and Sa’ada
Partner’s Project Director
MEAL Center is a non-profit foundation that seeks partnership with non-profit organizations (NGOs) to develop humanitarian and development projects in Yemen through improving the monitoring and evaluation of projects. The Center provides expertise and skilled personnel to implement M&E activities with its partners and build their capacity while implementing their M&E activities. The Center also shares the best practices in M&E to increase the NGOs performance to implement their projects.
The Center works with NGOs in a participatory manner. It works closely with the NGO/partner through taking the M&E activities of a project from the beginning to the end of the project. It assigns field M&E staff/s during the project life cycle (the staff can be part of the NGO or MEAL Center Staff as agreed). The Center leads the M&E activities (training of field M&E staff, prepares the tools, coordinates the implementation of the M&E activities with the project staff, guides the M&E staff, analyze data and prepares reports in English as per the donor’s requirement. The entire M&E work is placed on an online platform so that the NGO can obtain all data and reports at any time without returning to the center.
Meal Center, as a CONSULTANT, intends to update the list of qualified Individual National Consultants for its PARTNER, working on WASH Projects. The individual Consultants are to carry out the supervision of WASH Project activities in the related cities as mentioned above.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct Supervision of the PARTNER’s Project Director, the individual consultant shall be required to perform the following activities:
- Supervision of the Implementation Process of the Required Project.
- Review all planning and program activities to ensure that the contract will be executed according to the agree time schedule. Reasons for any delays as well as actions to be taken for mitigation of the delay have to be analyzed, documented and reported to the PARTNER’s Project Director.
- Review, verify and approve any drawings to be prepared by the contractor including those referring to supply and installation of mechanical and electrical equipment.
- The consultant has to assure that the mechanical and electrical equipment will be supplied and installed according to specifications, investigation and required tests.
- Review, verify and make sure that all civil works have been carried out according to contract’s specifications and that have been tested, as required, and have been carried out according to the specification and standards.
- Review and verify payment requests and make sure that payment requests are accurate and based on the actual completed works.
- Process payment requests against actual completed works to ensure timely payments.
- Carry out necessary inspections, shortly before the end of the construction period, determine remaining works to be completed and inform the client to establish a handing over taking over committee.
- Review and approve manuals and necessary documents to be submitted by the contractor for operation and maintenance of the executed works.
- Perform other activities related to the Rehabilitation of the contract / project as may be required by the PARTNER’s Project Director.
- Assure that removing of existing/incomplete structures have been performed according to the standards and to the safety requirements for protecting human life.
- The consultant has to assure that the contractor perform the solid waste dumping in proper and legal locations in the vicinity of the city.
The individual consultant should have:
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering, hydrogeology.
- A minimum of Five years General experiences After Graduation.
- A minimum of Three years professional experiences in a similar assignment especially in water supply and sanitation projects such as previous experience with water and sanitation authorities / local corporations.
- Good Command of Computer skills and Engineering programs
- Good Command of English and Arabic language.
Individual Consultants will be employed on Small Assignment Basis (Time-Based contract). The contracts will be signed with the PARTNER.
Terms of payment
Terms of payment are on monthly basis.
Interested candidates should fill the application form found on the below link:
Deadline of Receipt of Applications:
Review of applications will begin July 8,2019 and continue until the position is filled. Deadline July 31,2019.
الوثائق المطلوبة ارفاقها من قبل المتقدم
- السيرة الذاتية مع الوثائق المؤيدة لها
- تعبئة النموذج للمتقدم يحتوي على التالي:
- العنوان الحالي او مكان الاقامة
- البريد الالكتروني
- تاريخ التخرج