Ended EFSVL Officer
JOB TITLE: Emergency Food Security and Vulnerable Livelihood Officer
DIVISION / DEPARTMENT / LOCATION: International, MEEECIS, Yemen, Hajjah
JOB FAMILY: Programme
SALARY: See national pay ranges
LEVEL: National, D2
OXFAM PURPOSE: To work with others to find lasting solutions to poverty and injustice suffering
TEAM PURPOSE: This post will be part of the Oxfam Yemen- Hajjah team to provide support in the implementation, delivery and management of the emergency Food Security and livelihood recovery project work among the affected host communities and IDPs in Hajjah
JOB PURPOSE: To support/manage and lead the implementation and monitoring of the projects and facilitate building the capacity of partners- PSCs and key informants stakeholders to independently implement the agreed initiatives. In addition, the person will participate for designing community assets recovery based selected work schemes.
EFSVL Team leader and EFSVL Senior Officer at Oxfam EFSVL Shafer- Hajjah-Yemen
- Take part and fully engaged in the assessment, design, planning, targeting and implementing process of the food security and livelihood projects and cash Transfer programming in coordination with local relevant stakeholders.
- Work closely with partners (involved financial service providers) and internal staff members to ensure all cash transfer payment and reconciliation process are achieved timely in accordance with Oxfam procedures and agreed standards.
- Ensure continuous and regular tracking for the EFSVL program activities in the target geographical location and meet the expected quality of the assistance as per set standards.
- Conduct stakeholder analysis at the village, clusters level and develop stakeholder management and engagement strategies in close work with EFSVL team leader.
- Conduct village mapping in the project implementation area with clear development of village profile, HH food security and livelihood profile.
- Work closely with PSCs, communities and other key stakeholders on the development of the plans, strategies, innovative ideas to improve the food security and livelihood status of the population.
- Pay regular visits to the targeted villages to identify the community assets prioritization.
- Pay regular visits to community communal projects sites to monitor the activities.
- Conduct periodic monitoring and analysis of the markets of food and non-food commodities and share the findings with the EFSVL team leader.
- Ensure quality reporting, both narrative and figurative, to the EFSVL team leader and EFSVL senior officer on daily, weekly and monthly basis within the set time.
- Support and build the capacity for the involved partners (PSCs, Financial Service Provider and local CSO Partner).
- Regular technical support to partner staffs, to ensure EFSVL program activities implementation meets timeframe deadlines and quality assurance as well.
- In collaboration with the project team, partners and beneficiaries, conduct regular monitoring to measure progress, outcome, impact and reports to line manager.
- Work on proper documentation of EFSVL interventions and make sure all documents are archived properly.
- Maintain good coordination and clear communication with local authorities/ key informant stakeholders and VDCs in the target areas for work/implementing facilitation.
- Responsibility for the allocated target villages of the whole implementing process and he/she is the direct accountable staff.
- Working closely with the MEAL team to conduct the EFSVL assessments/ Baseline, PDMs and any required individuals or Households surveys.
- Participate in designing, monitoring, evaluation based indicators analysis for the vulnerability and advice for new program designing.
- Ensure the ESFVL Program activities are implementing in an integrated way with the WASH team.
- Address and mainstream gender principles/ issues in all EFSVL components and take into consideration the culture sensitivity and local contexts.
- Work closely with protection team to apply Oxfam agreed standards for the target beneficiaries and ensure no harm and safety principles are applied.
- Coordination with the logistic team for facilitating all logistician support.
- Adhere to Oxfam Code of Conduct and follow the developed security guidelines for the distributions, team movements and any security instructions by the security officer or the focal point.
- Do any Other Tasks requested by the EFSVL Team Leader or the EFSVL Senior Officer.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- Bachelor degree in social sciences or relevant fields(s) from a recognised university.
- Understanding and program experience in emergency food security, livelihood, cash transfer programming and building community resilience.
- Good Experience of project management.
- Ability to work widely with local partner and government involved sectors in Livelihood and Food Security based gender equity.
- Strong understanding of local socio-economic development issues, institutions and local contexts for target communities.
- Commitment to equal opportunities and the promotion of gender equity in all aspects of Oxfam’s work.
- High Skills of personal organization, self-sufficiency-Competent and initiative.
- Demonstrable analytical, project appraisal, monitoring, impact assessment and reporting abilities;
- Mastery of narrative writing skills in Arabic (English is preferable).
- Understanding and well knowledge of Emergency and early recovery programmes based poverty context indicators analysis in Hajjah ( Tehami Areas)
- Strong ability to work within team and consult with a wide range of staff colleagues.
- Flexibility and ability to manage work stress and to work under highly pressure.
- Pro-active and with excellent communication skills.
This job profile is not incorporated into the employment contract. It is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be varied from time to time in the light of strategic planning based changeable contexts following discussion with the post holder. The post holder will be expected to work to agreed objectives, which should facilitate achievement of the key responsibilities in accordance with the Performance Review Process.
Please Interested candidates are kindly requested to visit our website below for More details about post and apply through post application: