Ended Radio Operator
Update: The email address of this post has been amended
Solidarités International seeks to recruit:
Radio Operator (1)
Location of position: Al-Turbah, Yemen
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen since mid-September 2017. The mission is currently running various projects with an integrated FSL and WASH approach in Taezz governorate.
The position will be based, in Al Turbah Town, Taiz, Yemen.
II. Responsibilities and Tasks
Goal / Purpose:
The Radio Operator will take part in the safety of Solidarités International teams by monitoring all movement.
He/she ensures a permanent level of communication between Solidarités International teams and the bases.
List of main tasks:
Management of equipment
- Oversee daily management of telecommunication equipment by distributing the equipment to teams as they leave for the field and ensuring that it is given back on their return
- Record all activity involving telecommunication materials, cameras, GPS and other equipment in his/her care
- Diagnose and report to his/her line manager any breakdown, damage or loss of equipment
- Install telecommunication facilities on the bases
- Ensure that teams are fully trained in the use of the equipment and communication procedures
- Ensure that Solidarités International users follow communication procedures
Communication / Movement Monitoring
- If required, assume an intermediary role and relay messages between bases and teams
- Follow the location of teams in the field and during town expeditions
- Play a central role in the monitoring of team field location and report any information regarding their safety to his/her line manager
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: Logistician Assistant
III. Profile required
- English language
- Knowledge of Communication Equipment
- Knowledge of security context of Taiz governorate
- Good communication skills
- Flexibility required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Pack is an asset
Please submit your application (CV, Cover Letter, Photocopies of diplomas, Certificates of employment etc.) to Solidarités International by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
Final date for applications: 13th of July, 2019