Ended Project Manager, SFP
Position: Project Manager, SFP
Reports to: Program Manager
Duration: Till December 31, 2019 renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
The Project Manager of the Supplementary Feeding Program (SFP) will be responsible for all activities of acute management and protection from moderate malnutrition. He/she will be responsible for providing technical leadership, budget management, and the day-to-day management of the projects, including recruitment and reporting. The Project Manager will be based in Sana’a. The project manager will be responsible for liaison and coordination with the appropriate government authorities, donor and other agencies of interest. The project manager will be supervised by the Program Manager and will also work closely with the Program Director and other operation team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of emergency nutrition interventions in the fields from Sana’a. Responsible for project planning, reporting, liaison, and budget management.
- Develop work plans, recruitment plans, reporting mechanisms and training plan using the project monitoring tool.
- Work closely with the field teams to determine the operational needs of the emergency nutrition interventions
- Work closely with the project team to determine the training needs of staff.
- Track budget and manages program activities according to the scope of the grant and budget
- Travel to the field as and when the security situation allows.
- Works with the MEAL Department implement and maintain prescribed reporting systems to monitor and evaluate the objectives, indicators and outcomes and ensure accurate and timely data collection at the field level.
- Compilation of data and submit the weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to the MEAL Department and technical unit on identified time based on donor request.
- Contribute to production of proposals for new projects.
- Work with field teams and logistics to procure program supplies within program budgets
- Regularly update the program manager on progression of project.
- Liaise closely with local authorities, donor and partner agencies to ensure program compliance with donor policies and regulations and complementary with other agencies' efforts.
- Maintain flexibility to take on added responsibility as and when needed
- Provide technical guidance on the overall strategy for program design and management
- Ensure that all project activities and trainings are both in line with global standards and ministry and local government requirements.
- Conduct and provide technical support on nutrition and health assessments when needed.
- Work closely with MEAL to ensure activities are contributing towards project targets
- Attend cluster/coordination meetings relevant to the project
- Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organizations Code of Conduct, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to internal and external actors
Human Resources Management
- In cooperation with HR Manager, hire and supervise staff to ensure their smooth and effective operations
- Assist in the selection and training of the project staff are recommended.
- Supervise the day-to-day Project’s staff to ensure smooth and effective operations
- Ensure compliance to local labor laws including working hours.
- Maintain open lines of communications with all field staff.
Training/ Capacity Building
- Determine training needs for subordinate staff
- Train staff to increase their responsibilities in order to build capacity and ensure sustainability of programs
- Conducts staff evaluations and advocates and plans for professional development for all subordinate staff
- Maintains frequent communication with Program manager and Program Director ensure that the project activities and objectives are communicated.
- Works with Logistics staff to ensure the coordination of programs supplies are within budgeted targets
- Interfaces with national government and relevant agencies as necessary
- Ensures application and compliance of security protocols and policies.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master’s or Bachelor degree in Public Health, Nutrition, International Development and/or in a relevant field of study.
- At least five years of experience in H&N program design and evaluation, of which at least five years with I/NGOs.
- Exposure to supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with International humanitarian operations, coordination structures, and the mandates of donors and other NGOs.
- Cross-cultural awareness and insight into nutrition issues.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions with limited supervision.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
- Ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively.
- Creative and able to work with limited resources.
- Team player and strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficient in computer applications, especially with MS Word and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint a plus.
- Strong English language speaking and writing abilities.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field and HQ, counterparts and government.
- Ability to interpret data, have a strong emphasis on program monitoring, and conduct results-based programming.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
Transparency and Accountability
Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application by midnight Jul 14, 2019.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted