Ended Roving Health and Nutrition Field Support Manager
Roving Health and Nutrition Field Support Manager – Hodeida, Saada Amran,Taiz, Hajja (Roving)
The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Program Management, Technical Quality, and Strategy:
- Provide strategic direction, leadership and overall technical and management support to health and nutrition programs for Hodeida, Saada, Amran, Hajja and Taiz Offices under the OFDA fund.
- Oversee the health and nutrition program activities, including technical support, supervision and guidance to health & nutrition teams.
- Provide guidance and support to the Health and Nutrition Project managers to effectively manage competing priorities and implementation in line with the SCI country strategy and project proposal.
- Actively support the health and nutrition management team in the development and implementation and monitoring of health and nutrition interventions in their area of operation, including mobile teams, community outreach, and support to ministry of health.
- Coordinate direct reports toward ensuring all targets are met on time, according to budgets, and in line with donor commitments.
- Support the development of M&E systems and lead analysis of health and nutrition data trends to course correct and adapt programming, with a focus on quality interventions.
- Work collaboratively to integrate the health and nutrition program with other sectors where appropriate, particularly with WASH, FSL and Protection.
- Support training of SCI staff and MOPHP staff to improve technical knowledge and practices, ensuring that capacity strengthening support effectively addresses individual and partner priority needs.
- Lead and participate in the development of budgets for program proposals in collaboration with the grants and finance team.
- Work with the health and nutrition technical advisors to strengthen the health system, defining the strategic direction of the community health and nutrition programming.
- Support the field managers in the development of annual field office plan.
- Liaise with partners, sector working groups and other stakeholders to ensure that SCI programmatic goals and strategies are in line with humanitarian need priorities.
- Coordinate regular health and nutrition program assessments to identify opportunities for expansion and improvements in program effectiveness, efficiency and efficacy.
- Explore opportunities for expansion in health and nutrition sub-sectors
- Lead on the design of the health and nutrition sectors contingency plan as part of the country emergency response preparedness plan and strategy.
- Ensure effective and high quality reporting, monitoring and evaluation systems for both internal and external use, capturing best practice.
- Monitor and ensure effective budget responsibility for the health nutrition component of projects with the field team.
- Ensure that the scheme of delegation, finance guidelines and related administrative procedures are strictly adhered to
- Ensure the submission of monthly cash forecast as per the DIPs of the health and nutrition components of the grant.
- Ensure compliance to donor regulations for all health and nutrition grants at the five field offices.
- Establish, maintain, and improve active and regular working relationships on field level and take the lead role in representing the principles and work of SCI to representatives of other organizations (UN, NGOs, INGOs, counterparts, donors, government Authorities etc.) in the area of health and nutrition
- Lead efforts to improve active co-ordination and networking with local government agencies, NGOs, UN agencies and other stakeholders in health and nutrition.
- Actively participate in health and nutrition sub cluster meetings
- Internal the post holder will be expected to work with the senior management team, technical advisors and programme managers and with staff across departments throughout the programme.
- External: The post holder will be expected to develop and maintain personal links and effective relationships with UN, NGOs, INGOs, partners and key stakeholders, counterparts, donors, and the government authorities in the operational area.
- Bachelor or higher degree in social sciences or relevant field
- Excellent proficiency and command in English and Arabic language (Oral, written and reading).
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in Humanitarian Sector
- Experience and expertise in humanitarian work is highly desirable
- Strong organizational skills
- Analytical skills; ability to analyze and compile and summarize pertinent information
- Ability to work in a team and contribute to a positive working environment.
- Strong personnel and logistics management skills; solution oriented
- Capacity to work in a fast paced environment and produce results under challenging conditions
- Willingness to work in a challenging security environment
- Adherence to the principle of child safe guarding and protection. Proficient competency in Internet and Microsoft Office systems including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and other database/mapping systems.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
Please make the candidates apply through the bellow link:
And kindly send your CV to YemenInternalJobs@savethechildren.org
“Please mention the Position and Duty Station on your email Subject”
This position is open to Yemeni nationals only
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.