District Health Officer (Re-advertised)
Position: District Health Officer , Re advertising
No of positions: 2
Contract Type: Service Contract
Location : Aden , ( Dhubab , Al-Mocha )
Application Deadline : July 18 , 2019
Work Start: ASAP
ABOUT TYF :
Tamdeen Youth Foundation (TYF), is a local humanitarian Organization which is private, nonpolitical, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action to help people and vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. TYF currently operates in a number of governorates in Yemen where it has implemented projects in nutrition, food security, health, WASH and protection, and empowerment ,
Duties and Responsibilities ,
Providing technical support to health facility (HF) medical and paramedics staff:
- Train health facility staff on medical protocols, national, international and depending on the health and nutrition clusters’ guidelines, including hygiene protocols.
- Establish mechanisms of providing regular weekly/monthly feedback on statistics and health activities to health facility staff.
- Plan and implement when necessary thematic capacity building or specific trainings according to the identified needs for health facility staff.
- Participate in establishing/improving referral system.
- Monitor, evaluate and reinforce the rational use of drugs/medicines by medical staffs in his/her supervised health facilities. Ensuring that patients receive medications appropriate to their clinical needs, in doses that meet their own individual requirements and for an adequate period of time needed to treat the clinical problem.
- Supervise drugs and consumables stock management in the health facility in collaboration with the assigned pharmacist.
- Ensure patient confidentiality is respected and treat all the patients with respect and dignity.
- Management and technical support of the health facility supervision team (the pharmacist and the nutritionist) in collaboration with the Health and Nutrition Coordinator:
- Train supervision team when necessary on medical protocols including hygiene protocols.
- Ensure use and respect of medical protocols by the supervision team through observation and direct supervision of the staff.
- Plan and implement thematic capacity building or specific trainings according to the identified needs for the supervision team.
- Organize the weekly schedule of the supervision team to ensure the smooth running of the activities.
- Provide strong leadership to medical and paramedics staff of the supervision team to ensure that they respect their assigned tasks, and understand and work according to internal regulations and principles.
- Collection and analysis of health, nutrition & pharmaceutical data:
- Provide the HF staff with the necessary data collection tools and ensure that they are fully conversant with these tools on timely bases (weekly/monthly).
- Perform proper trainings on data collection tools to ensure accurate collection and analysis of health facility data.
- Monitor the drug consumption alongside with the pharmacist by establishing/maintaining mechanisms of consumption record and inform the Health and Nutrition Coordinator in case of any unusual consumption.
- Identify and rectify gaps or weaknesses in medical activities by using monitoring and supervision tools.
- Developing coherent project implementation strategy:
- Coordinate and follow-up with DHOs/GHO, and their focal points on different program related issues in in the targeted area(s) and provide regular updates to the program management team.
- Ensure always to have the updated demographical and population data sources from the related authorities in the district and the governorate.
- Coordinate with DHOs/GHO, for joint assessment visits either for a new location or to assess an ongoing activity or any outbreak investigations.
- Prepare weekly visits plan schedule to the supported health facilities for the supervision team on regular weekly bases and share the plan with the management of the project.
- Assist and ensure implementing a comprehensive need assessment of targeted health facility.
- Assist and ensure preparing and implementing operational action/work plans in supported health facility in collaboration with medical and coordination teams and health facility managers.
- Assist and ensure the implementation of the project activities in collaboration with other project team and coordination team.
- Reporting and attendance to different meetings:
- Prepare weekly/monthly activities report (or according to the needs) to submit to the Health and Nutrition Coordinator.
- Collect and compile project data regularly and submit it to the health & nutrition program coordinator, including statistical reports, case studies, and success stories.
- Compile epidemiological reports, nutritional status reports, and pharmacy reports for inclusion in medical reports or any other relevant reports.
- Compile drug consumption per month and per health facility in collaboration with the pharmacist.
- Ensure that the targeted indicators and activities are being met through regular follow-up of the data and the achieved outcomes.
- Make sure that Complaint and Feedback Mechanism (CFM) is in place and help beneficiaries become aware of it in collaboration with the MEAL team.
- Bachelor degree in medicine (medical doctor).
- Public health / community medicine is asset.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as team leader or supervisor preferably in INGOs.
- Experience In community health public health (familiar with primary health care package services).
- Experience in training health and nutrition staff on the related national and international protocols.
- Experience in mobile clinics leadership, health centers and/or health units
- Experience in team management and dissemination of the tasks.
- Strong Leadership/supervisory Skills and attention to details.
- Active listening skills.
- Ability to train national staff on nutrition and health technical issues.
- Strong mentorship skills.
- Good relations with people and a taste for contact, a liking for work in a team.
- Proficiency with word, excel and other special software.
- Data management and analysis.
- Ability to write assessment, monitoring reports.
- Good sense of organization is essential
- Fluent is Mandatory in Arabic and English
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the TYF Career at the following link:
https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/#qYXeLVyk no letter than 18- July -2019
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.