Ended Medical Assistant
Position: Medical Assistant
Reports to: Program Manager
Duration: Till September 30, 2019, renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
Medical assistant will provide health and nutrition lifesaving emergency services for vulnerable people.
The Medical Assistant will be responsible but not limited to:
- Clinical examination of all patients with signs of complicated pathologies or presenting complication or referrals from the nurse.
- Prescribe routine and basic treatments according the protocol used in respecting the drug dosage based on the weight of the patient
- Prescription and follow-up of the severe and complicated cases.
- Adaptation and change of medical treatment
- Collect the number of new admissions and exits and attendance based on the register.
- Regular check and transmit the statistics to IMC and the DHO on weekly basis.
- Work in collaboration with the nurses to ensure quality medical care
- Work as a member of the team, taking in consideration the non-medical problems encountered by the patients (feeding and caring problems etc.)
- Develop relationship with medical counterparts working in area facilities
- Completely and properly fill the individual card with the medical information.
- Transmit clear instruction to the nurse on medical care and specific monitoring of the patient
- Prepare the Weekly reporting.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Proper academic achievement that meets the requirements of this position.
- At least two years of experience in a similar position.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good practical skills
- 24/7 Availability
- Ability to solve problems
- Effective decision-making skills
- Communication skills, compassion and a good bedside manner
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
- The deadline for receiving applications is Saturday, July 13, 2019
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply.