Senior Finance Officer
Position: Senior Finance Officer.
Vacancy Reference Number: SFO_SAN19
PURPOSE OF DIVISION:
The overall aim of our financial response is to ensure enhanced access to effective and dignified Financial assistance in operational day to day activities and assist to have increased support to program unites and guide program staff to implement the project activities in proper way. And to make controlling of the budget for all projects.
The Finance Division closely works with country programme team in identifying, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the financial projects issues and to deal with the government needs such as tax, and social security by making good understanding to the local law as well as International law.
Under the guidance of the FM, Snr. Finance Officer specifically is responsible to provide support to Finance department in term of preparation of all financial reports, project reports, Project and Activities Budgets, Reporting/Controlling and monitoring of Budgets, and dealing with external auditors when required.
SCOPE AND AUTHORITY
Scope of the Role:
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the SFO has the responsibility to Financial and Accounting business Management. Preparation/Monitoring and Control of Budgets for various activities/projects. Also, responsible prepare the Financial reports / Project Reports in the light of IAS/IFRS/GAAP/Donor Guidelines, and to participate in External Audit as and when required. And Prepare Budget Variance Analysis Report
Responsibility for Resources:
- Responsible for preparing the donor financial reports.
- Responsible for update the actual expense via actual budget.
The job holder is accountable for fulfilling his or her roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and staff. This includes but not limited to:
- Reviewing, updating and crossing checking all Budgets for local and international donors.
- Preparation of Monthly Budget Variance Report.
- Controlling and Monitoring of all Budgets.
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with all budget holders, providing sound advice on financial management and compliance.
- Assist Finance manager in time to time reviews and building of new policies & procedures concerning accounts and finance in accordance with the regulations of the statutory bodies.
- Financial reporting to Country office/Donors and Headquarter IRW on regular basis
- Monitoring of financial procedures in field offices.
- Review of project accounts, cross checking reports against budgets, investigate differences and any variances to projections and resolve.
- Provides regular, comprehensive reports as requested by International Headquarters
- Coordination with external auditors as and when required
- Act as focal person from finance when required.
- Any other assignment as per the instruction of the line manager
- Complete Knowledge of accounting and book keeping.
- Complete Knowledge of financial procedures
- Complete Knowledge of financial management.
- University Graduate Accounting/Finance with minimum 3 years of experience out of it 2 years as Finance Officer or more preferable in I/NGO sector.
- Flexibility. (A/I), Diplomacy, tact and negotiation skills. (1)
- Sympathetic with aims 6t objectives of Islamic Relief; empathy with and understanding of the basic teachings and values of Islam. (1)
- Sensitivity to cultural differences, and the ability to work in Yemen cultural context. (A/I)
- Excellent Team work skills and the ability to build good relations both internally and externally. (A/I)
- Good language skills in Arabic and English. (A/I)
- MS Word, MS Excel, Quick book / ERP,
- Operation Planning and Management Skills
- Financial Management, Responsible, Confidentiality, Integrity, Punctuality
- Trustworthy, Goal Oriented, Team Player.
University degree in Accounting.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to Click Here .
- All applications must include the vacancy reference number in the Reference No.
- Qualified Females are strongly encouraged to apply
- Only Short–listed candidates will be contacted.