SOUL for Development is a national NGO, founded in February 1997, by a group of Yemeni professionals out of their desire to achieve a higher quality of life for Yemeni women and children, and contribute to the development process of the nation. Since its establishment it has implemented more than 50 programs and projects in health, nutrition, youth and NGOs capacity buildings, early childhood development, and relief for development. It is currently operating in Sana’a, Taiz and Dhamar governorates.
Job Title: Media officer.
Contract Type: Full Time.
Contract Duration: 6 Months.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
- Manage production and design of nutrition project’s deliverables.
- Generate key visual content across a variety of platforms, both digital and traditional.
- Create infographics that compellingly convey achievements in nutrition related activities.
- Design awareness materials ( Posters,Videos)displaying TSFP&BSFP related messages.
- Repurpose content for use across an array of communications channels, including print products, interactive documents, social media and video.
- Support the project’s information dissemination activities.
- With help of nutrition team ,media officer is required to document ,in photos and videos, success stories and write them properly in well-written English
- Undertakes all other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, media studies, journalism, international relations, international development, marketing, or another related field.
- 3 years’ experience in documenting success stories (skills in photography, designing videos and writing skills in both Arabic and English)
- Good communications skills.
- Able to work under pressure and strict deadlines.
- Independent and takes initiatives
- Professionalism – shows pride in work and in achievements, motivated by professional rather than personal concerns;
- Accountability – is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
- Creativity – ability to convey concepts in the most effective and visually appealing manner; ability to innovate and develop out-of-the-box ideas
- Detail-oriented – meticulous attention to detail, ensuring maximum accuracy in all tasks
- Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges, remains calm in stressful situations;
- Effective written and oral communication and presentation skills, tailoring language, tone, style and format to match audience;
- Ability to originate or edit written content, for public and media use;
- Effective listener, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately.
- Qualified candidates are invited to fill their information and submit their CVs in the below link:
- Applications with no detailed information within the specified Form will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, selection processes would be on a rolling basis.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for receiving applications is 23/07/2019