Ended Agriculture Team Leader
Solidarités International seeks to recruit:
Agriculture Team Leader
Location of position: Al Turbah, Taiz Governorate, Yemen
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen since mid-September 2017. The mission is currently running three emergency projects with an integrated FSL and WASH approach mostly in Lahj and Taiz governorates.
The position will be based at the SI office, in Al-Turbah
II. Responsibilities and Tasks
Goal / Purpose:
The Team Leader will coordinate and supervise a team of 6 community mobilizers, in order to set up the agriculture activities, ensuring that Solidarités International technical recommendations and procedures are followedList of main tasks:
List of main tasks:
Setting up the activities /control and supervision
- Plan the weekly activities for his/her team and have them approved by his/her line manager:
- Plan human resources needs (daily workers, workers...)
- Plan tools and material needs (request from stock)
- Anticipate administrative issues (requests in advance)
- Anticipate logistics issues (transport, communication means...)
- Organize and carry out, with his/her team, tasks assigned by his/her line manager: Beneficiaries selection, presentation of the activities, sensitization – mobilization, orientation of beneficiaries, development and follow up of work plan, organization of grant, transfer of the tools/material and trainings, technical support to the beneficiaries.
- Keep up to date the beneficiaries data base and prepare the lists and beneficiary/distribution cards and agricultural inputs.
- Ensure adherence to selection and targeting criteria for agricultural inputs support to the beneficiaries
- Take note of any changes in the socio-economic, and agricultural conditions in the area of intervention.
- Supervise and monitor each stage of activity. Ensure that standards and instructions given by his/her line manager, as well as Solidarités procedures, are followed.
- Supervise the monitoring of the result indicators: Supervise the distribution process, conduct baseline – end line and KAP surveys, post-distribution monitoring
- Respect schedules and deadlines agreed upon with his/her line manager
- Anticipate any problems associated with the carrying out of his/her activity and solve any problem
- Report back any problems and constraints encountered during the course of the activities and suggest operational solutions
- Liaise with the population to understand needs, complaints, and major events that may have an impact on the activities of Solidarités International.
- Collect information about the humanitarian situation taking into account the vulnerabilities regarding food security and livelihood of the population
Logistics and Administration
- When recruiting daily workers, follow procedures and directives outlined by his/her line manager and the administrative service
- Train his/her team members to use and maintain the available tools correctly
- Track usage with monitoring tools provided
- Enforce safety procedures
- Ensure that safety procedures are followed by members of his/her team
- Monitor the quality and quantity of material delivered to field sites
- Ensure the receipt and storage of material and equipment necessary for his/her work to be carried out on field site
Reporting / communication
- Take part in weekly program meetings and clusters on request
- Responsible for checking the quality of complete forms/questionnaires and correcting possible errors with the team of community mobilizers.
- Keep his/her monitoring tools and files archived in the Solidarités office, accessible to his/her line manager
- Draw up and submit a weekly task report (which should include progress made by the team) to his/her project manager
- Take part in the drafting of the monthly program pack
- Establish and maintain good relations with local participants and communities (populations) in the operational fields
- Listen to the populations and local participants in the field and report to his/her project manager any non-technical or safety-related issues which could affect the activities or safety of Solidarités International teams
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: FSL DPM / Program Manager
Line report(s) on base: Entire team under his/her supervision
Functional manager: :- Program Manager
Functional report(s): -
III. Profile required
- Must have very good written and spoken English
- Must have experience of managing a team
- Must be willing to learn new skills and procedures
- Must be a good team player
- Must have experience in FSL project
- Knowledge of general agriculture
- Experience in gardening, farming
- Diploma in Agriculture is an assets
- Knowledge of Livelihood approach
Please submit your application (CV, Cover Letter, Photocopies of diplomas, Certificates of employment etc.) to Solidarites International by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline.
Final date for applications: 17th of July., 2019