Ended Business Development Manager
Murooj Electronic Services has recently acquired a majority interest in Yemen Financial Services Company (YFSC), which is owned by 11 banks and operates Yemen’s National Switch interbank network. The acquisition is intended to kick-start a payment transformation in Yemen’s present economic turmoil.
In light of this vision, Murooj triggered the creation of Yemen’s “National Mobile Wallet Company” (NMWC) that will integrate the YFS, banks, the private sector, telecoms, and government institutions (i.e. post authority). This job post is hired for the NMWC.
The National eWallet enables people to use their mobile phone to easily pay for their goods, leveraging over 100,000 direct retail and distributor’s network to build commercial acceptance for digital payments. No other entity has commercial reach to successfully rollout an accepted Mobile Wallet.
Murooj was established in 2017 and is a partnership between Cornerstone Holdings, a regional investment company, and the Hayel Saeed Anam Group (HSA) Yemen’s leading privately owned company and a diverse multinational corporation.
The company is based in Yemen with offices in Cairo. Murooj is focused on addressing Yemen’s severe financial challenges on the ground by introducing innovative mobile payment mechanisms that bypass currency shortages and meet the real needs of Yemen’s citizens and businesses.
Position Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Sanaa, Yemen
Reporting Relationships: Marketing and Strategic Partnerships Director
Main Focus and Challenges
This role is to be part of the Operation program of work for the National Mobile Money programme. The programme is an opportunity to accelerate a major new commercial electronic financial services project whilst delivering societal benefit through financial inclusion in Yemen. The Business Development Manager position will involve managing and developing business plans, negotiating commercial terms and promotions, monitoring competitor activity and market trends, and supporting the cross functional teams in delivering growth. You will play a key role in defining and driving impactful partnerships, solving complex commercial problems and building programs and infrastructure that drive growth across the Murooj group of companies. You will be working alongside an experienced team with a history of building successful organisations.
- Create strategic relationships that will lead to successful business models for our group companies.
- Responsible for managing pipeline information and client relationships to identify potential new business leads, growth opportunities or future competitive trends
- Maintain account plans and build close working relationships with key stakeholders in the marketplace
- Develop and execute the partnership strategies and programs to enable our product and business strategy.
- Support ideation, partnership development, and launch of innovative products and services.
- Arranging demonstrations and walking clients through products and services
- Present to and consult with management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Provide an objective commercial viewpoint based on an in-depth understanding and analysis of commercial and competitive information
- Work in a fast-paced and iterative environment with leaders across Technology, Operations, Distribution, Finance, Legal & Policy and management teams.
- Working to KPI and revenue targets
- Writes proposals, plans, submissions and bids
- Participating in new business contract negotiations
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Managing the existing & new business with Banks, Financial institutions, Government Entities and SME’s and ensure the achievement of the revenue goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will ideally come from a best in class company, Telecom, NGO or multinational background with extensive experience in Marketing. They will be a highly capable member to a team, used to operating as a Business Development Manager or equivalent with regional responsibility. He/she will be a natural change agent who brings prior restructure and build experience, who is used to fixing and creating from scratch. The successful candidate will be driven by making a difference and therefore have the passion to drive growth. Demonstrating significant intellect and capability to operate in a very complex business operation, with multiple stakeholders, he/she will demonstrate strong attention to detail, exceptional integrity, and a hands-on, lean approach. If you are CREATIVE and PASSIONATE, you are the right candidate.
Qualifications & Experience
- A BA in Business, marketing or management related field
- 7+ years of experience in Business Development, or marketing
- A proven track record of high achievement in sales in the market research, business insight or related industry.
- Highly motivated
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team player
- Passionate about working to targets
- Experience delivering partnerships from inception to delivery
- Proven experience creating, negotiating and closing complex deals
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners. Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in English & Arabic
- Market knowledge
- Time management and planning skills
❖Murooj is committed to the principles and practices of equal opportunities and to encouraging the establishment of a diverse workforce. It is our policy to employ individuals on the basis of their suitability for the work to be performed and their potential for development, regardless of age, sex, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin. This includes creating a culture that fully reflects our commitment to equal opportunities for all.
Qualified and Interested Candidates must submit their CVs to:
Kindly write the following in your Subject Line when sending the email: " Business Development Manager "