Ended Logistics Officer (LTSH)
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
3 or more years of relevant work experience with an advanced educational degree in a relevant area of expertise OR 5 or more years of relevent experience with a first university degree with relevant years of experience
(Administrative/Assistant/Secretariat work experience is not considered, except for years holding Associate positions or above (UN equivalent grade G-6 or above), in which case each year is counted at 50%).
· Fluency in English (level C written and spoken).
· Fluency in Arabic (level C written and spoken).
· Yemeni citizenship.
Assisting 91.4 million people in around 83 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving Lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
In 2019, WFP is scaling up its Yemen operations aiming to provide 12 million people with monthly food assistance through direct food distributions, vouchers or cash and nutritional support to nearly 3 million pregnant and nursing women and children under 5.
To contribute to daily planning and coordination of WFP logistics operations including monitoring of services provided by contracted external organizations to ensure cost-effective operations and that set objectives are achieved in full.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The applicant should be a Yemeni national
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted
- Applications must be submitted online with:
- Use English language only
- Indicate all your job TOR
- indicate clear years of experience with each job (Month/Year)
- WFP staff who are still under probation period are not eligible to apply for another FT position.
- WFP staff on FT contracts must have completed one year in the current position to be eligible to apply for another FT position.
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Contribute towards the development of logistics plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider logistics policies and WFP standards.
2. Support or manage logistics projects or operational activities following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
3. Collect and analyse data through research and networking with colleagues to recommend actions to senior staff to improve performance of local logistics operations.
4. Conduct regular financial analysis and budget reviews, drawing out insights and recommending actions to senior staff to optimise use of available funds.
5. Contribute to consolidation and preparation of operational pipeline planning, and to the management of operational aspects of the supply chain (procurement, shipping, port operation), including checking document and customs clearance readiness, loading and discharging operations and contracting of applicable transport, warehouse and any relevant logistics services.
6. Contribute to supply chain by providing technical support and guidance to other CO unit/ services, divisions, particularly for emergency response.
7. Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
8. Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting, including Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), supporting a WFP-wide view of logistics activities that enables informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
9. Support the capacity building of WFP staff and partners for efficient and effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries (e.g. through the design and review of training materials).
10. Identify and build productive relationships with logistics colleagues and staff within the area of assignment to support an integrated approach to food assistance.
11. Follow emergency logistics preparedness practices, participate in preparation of CO Logistics Capacity Assessment (LCA), to ensure WFP are able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
12. Participate in the on-going review of internal processes and procedures and identify ways to increase the day-to-day efficiencies.
13. Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
14. Other as required.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Supply Chain Management and Optimization||Analyses context of country challenges in order to lead the design and management of supply chain network, to proactively mitigate and/or address dynamic supply chain challenges, to ensure operational optimization.|
|Planning, Project & Resource Management||Collects and analyses relevant technical data from diverse sources to forecast operational needs under various scenarios and makes evidence-based proposals.|
|Information Management & Reporting||Ability to proactively identify gaps in information and findings, analyse and evaluate information, develop statistics, and translate into information management products to facilitate decision making and demonstrate performance.|
|Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution||Demonstrates ability to collect market information and process and analyse proposals in line with WFP standard rules and regulations in order to deliver efficiently.|
|Warehouse and Inventory Management||Plans, coordinates and manages service providers and warehouse operations to promote safe, efficient, and sustainable operating procedures in the face of changing climates and conditions within region of expertise.|
|Technical Assistance and Coordination||Actively establishes and maintains networks, leads coordination and the provision of technical assistance, while demonstrating the ability to represent WFP to a broad spectrum of key stakeholders (e.g. providing services, and working with NDMOs/NDMAs).|
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Experience in commercial or humanitarian transportation sectors.
• Experience monitoring and reporting on transport and freight market conditions and trends.
• Experience in dealing with shipments and clearing imports/exports with customs officials.
• Experience coordinating procurement and transportation processes with other units/ teams.
• Experience in warehouse and commodity management.
• Experience working with corporate systems (databases, software).
To view the job description and apply to the mentioned vacancies, please go to the link below:
2.Click on “Apply”
3.Click on Create an account (if you do not already have one)