Ended Human Resources Clerk
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position : Human Resources Clerk
Organizational Unit : Resource Management (Human Resources)
Duty Station : Yemen, Sana’a
IOM Classification : Ungraded
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term (SST) Ungraded Contract, 6 Months
SVN No. : SVN2019/131
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Sunday 14th , July 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates
Working under the overall guidance of the Human Resources Officer and the direct supervision of the Senior Human Resources Assistant, the incumbent will be responsible for overall management of the Reception, which would specifically include the following duties:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support the Front Office and present a positive image of IOM, including greeting visitors, managing the switchboard; answer routine questions and provide a variety of information with regard to distributing bulletins, brochures and other project-related material.
- Answer the telephone, screen and refer calls, take messages for office; fill out appropriate forms in response to callers' requests for specific information and forward to relevant departments for action.
- Support with personal file archiving of hard and soft copy as requested by HR unit.
- Maintain, update and distribute the IOM Yemen Staff Contact List on a weekly basis
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein and/ or assigned by the Human Resource Management Unit.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Degree, Diploma or its equivalent in Human Resources, Business Administration, Management or related field; or an equivalent combination of education, training & experience;
- Minimum Two Years’ experience in secretarial, archiving, reception duties and front office related field; familiarity with the accepted clerical practices involved in greeting and providing assistance to visitors as well as other receptionist/data entry duties;
- Demonstrate ability in accuracy and attention to details; Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality is mandatory; Proactive; Independent Worker; A great team player; Accountability; Good Communication and Interpersonal Skills; Fast Learner; IT Literate; Interpersonal Skills; Administrative & Time Management Skills; SAP knowledge is desirable and Motivated.
Languages:English and Arabic
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
Internals of the Organization and NMS candidates, as well as external female candidates, will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to email@example.com indicating position applied on subject line by Sunday 14th July 2019.
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line SVN2019/131 Sana’a, Human Resources Clerk UG
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Posting period: From 08th.July.2019 to 14th.July.2019