Position: Nutrition Officer
Location: Abyan, Yemen
Reports to: South Hub Coordinator
Duration: Till December 31, 2019 renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, non-profit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
Under the supervision of the South Hub Coordinator, the Nutrition Officer will dedicate 100% of his/her time leading, coordinating and ensuring the high-quality implementation of project activities. The Nutrition Officer will be in charge of coordinating closely with all stakeholders and beneficiaries in the targeted Districts and Health Facilities and ensure the appropriate implementation of project activities in the field.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under close supervision of the South Hub Coordinator at country office, the candidate will be responsible for leading the overall project intervention in Abyan.
- The candidate will be main focal point between Abyan governorate.
- Coordinate with relevant government directorates and community leaders to facilitate implementation of the project activities.
- Provide supervise and oversee for the project intervention including staff supervision.
- Provide technical support and guidance for field team including MoPH staff at supported health facilities and mobile health team.
- Ensure report formats are used properly and all reports are submitted on time, followed up on, and finalized in a timely manner and support where issues arise to mentor and improve over time.
- Identify when technical support is required (sectoral, logistics, finance reporting reporting, M&E,etc)
- Provide hands-on training, capacity buildings, support, and feedback to staff.
- Conduct follow up field visits and collect success stories achieved during the life of the project.
- In consultation with local authorities and communities, facilities the list of beneficiaries and insure the verification process.
- Facilitate and monitor all field work at health facilities, mobile health sites and BSFP distribution sites at community level.
- Facilitate effective coordination with the Planning Department and governorate health office in the targed Governorates to insure the best coordination with the local Authority.
- Participate and contribute to development of the daily, weekly and monthly plans.
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly progress reports.
- Maintain detailed records and up to date paperwork for all duties as per agreed upon formats.
- Ensure adherence to the principle and objectives of the project, IR and donors policies.
Assessment, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Participate in initial assessment missions and distribution/site selections as RI representative.
- Verify that beneficiary targeting methodology has been clearly defined and recorded for each district and is adjusted as situation changes to ensure most vulnerable are reached.
- Monitor the progress of project implementation, update the PM accordingly, and assist in field.
- Verify that all reported data is being collected properly and according to reporting templates(indicator tracking/HIS),M&E plans are followed, tools are used, and processes are correct.
- Ensure tracking of project indicators at all levels (activities, results, objectives and goal).
- Review monthly monitoring reports and conduct learning reflections of M&E results with partner.
- Ensure awareness and implementation of appropriate beneficiary/community accountability mechanisms, including responding to Hotline Complaints and community feedback sessions.
- Participate in conducting household visits and running community sessions to carry out the monitoring on partner implementation quality and satisfaction, enter data, and prepare findings for PM.
- Support the South Hub Coordinator in ensuring appropriate, timely and planning of project start-up activities and regular implementation according to work and implementation plans.
- Under the direction of the Project Manager, support in monitoring the budget spending of the partner, project activity compliance, and accurate visibility materials and complete activity reporting.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date files for project activities and date for project/governorate.
- Ensure coordination with project stakeholders(beneficiaries, communities, local governing authorities).
- Draft weekly, monthly narrative reports using approved templates.
- Ensure to generate lessons learned and project success stories.
- Perform other relevant duties assigned by the South Hub Coordinator
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or its equivalent ( Medical, Public Health, Nutrition).
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience managing complex emergency programs for INGOs.
- Minimum 1-year experience contributed in managing projects in Health and Nutrition.
- Must be excellent written English and ability to write good quality reports.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated, results-driven and excellent sense of organization.
- Strong team management skills and ability to relate to and effectively motivate staff.
- Ability to represent RI in high level meetings with donors and local government.
- Ability to travel as required within Yemen, ability to live in remote and isolated environments.
- Sense of neutrality and ability to work across Yemen, in cooperation with all sides of the conflict.
- Candidates from Abyan encourage to apply.
- Candidate have the knowledge and community in structure of Abyan governorate.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
Transparency and Accountability
Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application by midnight July 23, 2019.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted