Ended Language Specialist (Female)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Language Specialist 1 (Female)
Contract type : 6 Months
Level of Post : B2
Number of Posts : 1 Post
Duty Station : Bajil
The Language Specialist 1 helps the ICRC mobile surgical team to communicate clearly and consistently by providing translation services from one or more languages into their mother tongue and/or editing services in their mother tongue.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Translates from English to Arabic and vis versa and/or edits in their mother tongue a wide range of ICRC texts, within agreed deadlines, ensuring high quality and appropriate terminology.
- May advise colleagues from other parts of the organization on linguistic issues.
- Gets involved in ad hoc or ongoing projects (e.g. terminology).
- Uses and suggests updates to terminology tools.
- Proactively collaborates with external translators when volumes require extra resources.
- Advises on sensitivities regarding the use of national languages in the Office and BJI Rural Hospital.
- University degree in translation or professional language skills from a recognized academic institution or equivalent.
- Arabic mother tongue.
- Excellent writing skills in their mother tongue.
- Advanced knowledge of English, other languages an asset.
- IT proficiency and knowledge of CAT tools (particularly Trados and terminology tools).
Professional Experience Required
- 3–5 years' experience in translation or editing (preferably in an international organization)
- Editing experience an asset.
- knowledge of international law or related fields.
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
Please send your applications by email to: email@example.com
, indicating in the subject line: Language Specialist 1
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Deadline to send your application: 15.07.2019