Ended Database Management System Officer
Job Title: Database Management System Officer
Department: Program Department
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: Aden, Yemen
ABOUT GLOBAL COMMUNITIES
Global Communities is a global development organization committed to working in partnership with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable, impactful changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable. Development is not something we do for people; it is something we do with them. We believe that the people who understand their needs best are the people of the community itself. Global Communities’ Department of Humanitarian Assistance (HA) has developed a strategy for the organization’s response to the Yemen crisis, anchored in a field presence. Specifically, HA is responding directly in Yemen, intensifying Global Communities’ assistance to vulnerable Yemenis. Global Communities, with its more than 60-years’ experience in over 80 countries, has the commitment to be a strong part of the humanitarian response to Yemen by building up the capacity of vulnerable groups and strengthening their resilience to improve their living conditions with a long-lasting, positive and community-based change.
The data management system officer will be responsible for managing all data management systems for multiple programs, bringing together and being the liaison for all departments that allow the data flow seamlessly and be synced between all departments (M&E, Programs, Procurement, HR, Etc.). He /She will liaise between the different departments, manage and troubleshoot the system.
The Data Management Officer who will also manage the routine data and quality control and drive effective data utilization. The officer, in addition to troubleshooting the system, he/she will coach staff and support in-country capacity building. The role will require a versatile individual with a high-level database and system management techniques with IT background and an understanding of program management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain the data management systems for multiple programs, bringing together and being the liaison for all departments to allow the data to flow seamlessly and sync between all departments (M&E, Programs, Procurement, HR, Etc.)
- Manage routine data, including data cleaning and entry in the GC software platform (device magic and Podio) to ensure completeness and quality
- Build new components of a database, data collection forms, workflows and aggregation tools in the system
- Link data to data visualization tools and maintain online dashboards (Power BI)
- Track device magic and Podio entries and verify the accuracy and correctness of the data and develop fixes and work with the teams to enhance the Programmes and other department databases.
- Check the quality of the data to be entered and inform the immediate supervisor of any problems; report any problems that can affect data quality (accuracy, completeness, relevance, punctuality (timeliness) and clarity).
- Troubleshoot the system, train staff, and support in-country capacity building
- Train program and other staff about data collection tools and organizational data management system
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- IT background is required and minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting and capacity.
- Excellent data and system management skill.
- Excellent knowledge of computer programing language.
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)-, the programming language in Excel, Java, PHP, and HTML).
- Ability to connect data sources through API and/or WebHooks.
- Knowledge of online, open-source data collection tools and approaches and or database environment and/or project management software ( Kobo Toolbox, Device magic, Mobaniz, Podio, Open MRS, ODK, CommCare, CSPro, Microsoft Project, etc .)
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and teamwork-oriented.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organization skills.
- Very good in written and verbal English and Arabic is required. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively.
- Ability to travel as required within Yemen.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- The sense of neutrality and ability to work across Yemen, in cooperation with all parties to the conflict.
- Previous experience in field offices is a plus.
From July 2019 until March 31, 2020
- Application should consist of a one page cover letter and detailed resume or CV. Cover letter should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability to begin work with Global Communities.
- Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21463955/1491567
- Applications submitted after 15 July 2019 will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.