Assisting 91.4 million people in around 83 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving Lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
In 2019, WFP is scaling up its Yemen operations aiming to provide 12 million people with monthly food assistance through direct food distributions, vouchers or cash and nutritional support to nearly 3 million pregnant and nursing women and children under 5.
This role will perform administrative support in an officer capacity to operations in Sa'ada Area Office in Yemen. The job holder will report to the Head of Area Office or the designate and count on the support of the Head of Administration in Yemen. The Administration Officer NOA will work under the supervision of a more experienced staff member, receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed.
To support the delivery of quality, customer-focused, value for money administrative services that enable staff in country/location operations to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy.
1. Contribute to a WFP country plan implementation in Sa'ada Area Office, including administrative processes, aligned with the country and wider WFP strategies and policies to facilitate efficient and effective administration services.
2. Support the development of annual plans and implementation of policies, systems and procedures to support WFP strategic objectives in Sa'ada Area Office.
3. Collate data and prepare data analysis to provide management and clients with accurate information and reports for efficient planning and decision-making.
4. Support management of existing resources in the area of responsibility (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) and assist in the identification of new requirements aiming at efficiency, cost-effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services.
5. Facilitate the compliance of the services provided (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) with the corporate Occupational Safety and Health Policy.
6. Support a culture of environmental sustainability throughout WFP by role modelling actions that drive sustainability in all administrative activities.
7. Guide and supervise junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
8. Maintain the partnership with WFP stakeholders, other UN agencies and local government offices.
9. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
10. Other as required.
Education: University degree in Business/Public Administration, Engineering, or other relevant field relating to office management and administration.
Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English AND Arabic languages.
Experience: 1 or more years of relevant post-graduate work experience in the field of Administration or other relevant field relating to office management and administration.
Administrative/Assistant/Secretariat work experience is not considered, except for years holding Associate positions or above (UN equivalent grade G-6 or above), in which case each year is counted at 50%.
Citizenship: Only Yemeni citizens are eligible for this position.
- Has gained experience in administration.
- Has demonstrated a high level of proficiency in administrative operating standards in day to day work.
- Has provided coaching or training to new staff members within the area of expertise.
1. Demonstrated knowledge of Administration in similar Organizations.
2. Demonstrated ability to liaise and negotiate with government and other partners.
3. Excellent analytical skills.
4. Ability to work in a team and good interpersonal skills.
5. Good computer applications skills relevant to perform Administrative assignments.
6. Good organizational and management skills.
7. Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy.
8. Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
9. Ability to work under time pressure and meet deadlines.
10. Ability to work in diversified environments.
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Business Support Services & Reporting||Applies strong ability to identify country level requirements and develop customer focused solutions and action plans. Communicates data-based findings in a highly impactful way that is tailored to the audience.|
|Internal Controls & Risk Management for Administration and Engineering||Utilises understanding of risk management approaches and internal controls to monitor projects and programmes to confirm regulatory compliance, ensure data integrity and ensure client satisfaction.|
|Resource Management for Administration and Engineering||Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders and key clients.|
|Specialised Knowledge in Administrative Services||Applies advanced theoretical understanding of administration best practice, concepts and principles and thorough knowledge of WFP standards, processes and infrastructure to ensure continuous improvement in the provision of efficient and effective administration services, resolving complex issues as they arise.|
|Customer Focus||Proactively monitors performance and delivers high-quality service to meet the needs of customers, requesting customer feedback and taking ownership of customer problems that arise. Pre-empts needs of customers based on experience.|
- The applicant should be a Yemeni national
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted
- Applications must be submitted online with:
- Use English language only
- Indicate all your job TOR
- indicate clear years of experience with each job (Month/Year)
- WFP staff who are still under probation period are not eligible to apply for another FT position.
- WFP staff on FT contracts must have completed one year in the current position to be eligible to apply for another FT position.
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
To view the job description and apply to the mentioned vacancies, please go to the link below:
2.Click on “Apply”
3.Click on Create an account (if you do not already have one)