AMIDEAST Nahdhat Shabab Project Assistant (Aden)
The AMIDEAST Nahdhat Shabab Project Assistant will support AMIDEAST Aden in training youth in a variety of vocational, professional, and business skills; in linking youth to partners and mentors in their communities; and in enabling participants to become involved in community rebuilding, restoration and recovery.
- Support program management in answering general inquiries and providing basic project documents;
- Support registration of trainees with designated mentors and interns;
- Support internship programs of trainees through phone calls, social media, and site visits;
- Support community engagement activities through site visits;
- Conduct DDFS and project data entry into AMIDEAST Yemen project systems, including its tracking documents on SharePoint, IRIS, and other resources on a regular basis;
- Monitor social media presence of the project and promote awareness through cooperation with AMIDEAST Yemen staff responsible for social media;
- Arrange for the translation of materials into Arabic;
- Commit to compliance with work plans;
- Adhere to AMIDEAST and U.S. Government policies and procedures;
- Complete purchase orders and other administrative documents as required;
- Support collection of pre- and post-assessments;
- Curate project resources;
- Complete project documents tracking achievements on the project;
- Work closely and coordinate with the Project Director, Project Coordinator, Project Officer, Project Consultants, and with AMIDEAST colleagues; and
- Undertake other activities as needed to support the successful implementation of the Yemen Youth Restoring Hope: Nahdhat Shabab Project.
Required: (1) A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in any field of study; (2) excellent Arabic and English; (3) proficient in Office package; and (4) at least one year of prior work experience.
Preferred: An ITP TOEFL score of 450 or higher; good/fast typing skills; positive attitude; and willingness to learn.
Interested candidates should submit:
(1) a statement of interest (listing specific name of position);
(2) an up-to-date resume (with your contact information);
(3) university certificates; and (4) one letter of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org
by Monday, July 22, 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews at AMIDEAST Aden.